test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tal Shiar Ships and the Legendary Scimitar

westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
I understand why it is this way, but its a little frustrating that you can't use the Tal Shiar adapted ship consoles and the warp core on the Legendary Scimitar.

I know that "Technically" the Legendary Scimitar isn't a true Tal Shiar Adapted ship, its just the Legendary Skin they gave it, but atleast make the consoles compatible with it, I would love to fire off the torpedo swarm thing from it, and I love the Legendary scimitar so its just disappointing that I can't mix the items with that ship.
Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    I'd be up for just straight up unlocking them from the ship outright. I actually got an assimilated Excelsior theme build I was hoping to use the Warp Core on.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd be up for just straight up unlocking them from the ship outright. I actually got an assimilated Excelsior theme build I was hoping to use the Warp Core on.

No objections here.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I agree the gear should be unlocked, but the adapted destroyer uses a warp core, while the scimitar uses a singularity core.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    live8evil wrote: »
    I agree the gear should be unlocked, but the adapted destroyer uses a warp core, while the scimitar uses a singularity core.

The OP mentioned the consoles, not the warp core.
    That being said, since it is about a single type of warp core on the adapted destroyer/adapted battle cruiser i don't see why the slot restriction for this warp core could not be lifted to be usable on warbirds.

I would love to see the consoles and warp core no longer be bound to the adapted ships.

While we are here with a wish list: please make the borg warp core the fourth piece in the borg space set.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 17
    I've wanted the tal shiar assimilated gear to be unlocked for years now. And now it feels even worse since the Mandukar was put in the 14th anniversary bundle and it's STILL locked. Why put a restricted ship in the bundle, even if I'm thankful to have it and have it account unlocked now? >_>;

I'd really love to be able to use that gear on other ships, finally. Especially since it never really felt like it had a good reason to be restricted, and also felt like an extension of the omega force borg gear.
    questerius wrote: »

The OP mentioned the consoles, not the warp core.
    That being said, since it is about a single type of warp core on the adapted destroyer/adapted battle cruiser i don't see why the slot restriction for this warp core could not be lifted to be usable on warbirds.

I would love to see the consoles and warp core no longer be bound to the adapted ships.

While we are here with a wish list: please make the borg warp core the fourth piece in the borg space set.

YES. PLEASE. Make it part of the set finally!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Yes to all of the above :) . Liberated Borg need more themed choices for ships to fly and gear to use, and so do Tal Shiar defectors.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User

The fact that it only has a warp core and not a singularity core (not even as an as an alternate) is one of the reasons I lost interest in the adapted destroyer even though I generally like destroyers. Romulan ships should have singularity cores, not warp cores.
  • Options
    It's been so long, I forgot that it'd been suggested when the borg warp core originally came out, to make it part of the Omega Force borg set. I'd love if it finally could.

But at the least... I wish they'd unrestrict it and the shrapnel torp console. T_T
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,008 Arc User
    I'd agree that the restrictions on the items be removed to make the 14th Bundle just that little bit more appealing than is currently isn't.

However, allowing a Warp Core to be slotted on a ship that uses a Singularity Core seems silly.
    Perhaps there needs to be a similar Singularity Core made available somewhere?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited February 21
    I'd agree that the restrictions on the items be removed to make the 14th Bundle just that little bit more appealing than is currently isn't.

However, allowing a Warp Core to be slotted on a ship that uses a Singularity Core seems silly.
    Perhaps there needs to be a similar Singularity Core made available somewhere?

Agreed on both. However, I love the four new ships. They're awesome!
    The Mandukar, however... I'm extremely glad to have it account unlocked now (when I could never afford it before as a lockbox ship, both times), but it's a significant minus to it and the bundle that its special gear is restricted. That detracts from it.
    Post edited by novapolaris#2925 on
This discussion has been closed.