test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Owned bridges available on any ship

krisxr400krisxr400 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
I was in the ship editor last night tweking a few ships and noticed that i can put any of my owned bridges on any ship! I can put romulan, klingon, tos, xindi, jem hadar, intrepid, TNG on anything. My favorite bridge that i discovered about five years ago only came standard on the t1 Pioneer and i think it was also used for the t3 Perseus. Now i can put it on the t6 Paladin/Ranger and Theseus, or even the NX class. Its a neat layout and has a firing range. I wish the crew would sit down in their chairs and not through them, the hangar bay get fixed and maybe a shuttle in there, and maybe tidy up the gfx a bit, but I am happy with what we got. I no longer have to swap to the Pioneer or Perseus to visit the bridge. Nice touch Cryptic!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,022 Arc User
    There's a few systems displays in Engineering on the Pioneer layout that show it to be a Constitution class. Obviously an oversight from when the Connie interior was copied over...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,805 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing, I never would have noticed this if I hadn't seen this thread.

It is a much appreciated change. I certainly hope it wasn't done by accident, it should remain a permanent feature.

Finally a full interior for my lobi/LB ships: if you use a regular Starfleet bridge on a Xindi ship for example, you can also visit the other decks.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    Thanks for sharing, I never would have noticed this if I hadn't seen this thread.

Really?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1264924/sto-short-news-updates
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

Really?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1264924/sto-short-news-updates

Ther short news forum thread isn't really all that prominent. It's a nice to have service, but news such as "use all bridges on all ships" should be launcher news. I had no idea about this either, and I have been asking for this since forever pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

Really?

Ther short news forum thread isn't really all that prominent. It's a nice to have service, but news such as "use all bridges on all ships" should be launcher news. I had no idea about this either, and I have been asking for this since forever pig-4.gif​​

Agreed.

Personally, I only check the short news thread when something is wrong. Because then I'd like to know what's happening and why.

For updates on releases and patch notes and so on, I check the news section on the main website and the launcher. I was always under the impression that all release related news would find its way there, so I never assumed there was a reason to check the Short News thread for that.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Now that I'm thinking about it, I vaguely remember seeing something about bridges on the main website. I thought it was about a new bridge though. My bad, I guess.

• Options
    krisxr400krisxr400 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    I didnt catch it either, it is nice to see that others enjoy ship interiors. I've always visited mine quite a bit, doffing, load outs, admiralty, on the intrepid interior i could change ships and load outs, use the acct bank, special doff missions like perform a play from hamlet. Basically anytime i wanted to go incognito or some peace and quiet, or go afk for a few.

Well im glad you guys got the heads up and are enjoying the new options. When I discovered it i felt pretty happy.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    Yeah, it didn't make it into the Patch Notes or any other blog, but it did hit Twitter/X. I try to make sure that stuff makes into the Short News Updates thread, if Kael doesn't post it himself.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I put the Crossfield Bridge on my DSC Connie. Feels a bit more fitting than the Walker Bridge.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    edited February 3
    Yeah, it didn't make it into the Patch Notes or any other blog, but it did hit Twitter/X. I try to make sure that stuff makes into the Short News Updates thread, if Kael doesn't post it himself.
    Ah, that explains it. I abandoned Twitter when the fans of Bad Mustache Man took over. Any chance the game devs might echo their tweets into a Bluesky account or something?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

Really?

Agreed.

Personally, I only check the short news thread when something is wrong. Because then I'd like to know what's happening and why.

For updates on releases and patch notes and so on, I check the news section on the main website and the launcher. I was always under the impression that all release related news would find its way there, so I never assumed there was a reason to check the Short News thread for that.

It's worth checking for things that fall through the cracks, like announcing the freebies for the anniversary. I don't think that showed up in news until day 2 when day 1 was already gone.

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

That's the old issue of relying on third party apps to convey official relevant news. Your voluntary service is greatly appreciated, though it is a shame that there still is no reliable first-party way to actually get news. Even the launcher/official news articles are sometimes unreliable as davefenestrator pointed out - news about a 24-hour-giveaway are often a day behind which is... suboptimal.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,987 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I put the Crossfield Bridge on my DSC Connie. Feels a bit more fitting than the Walker Bridge.

I put the TOS interior onto my mirror Connie
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,526 Arc User

True, except for some of the colors and other mostly minor details that combination is almost what they have on SNW. The STO connie bridge is about the same floorspace square footage as the SNW bridge too.
    • Options
      spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
      edited February 8

True, except for some of the colors and other mostly minor details that combination is almost what they have on SNW. The STO connie bridge is about the same floorspace square footage as the SNW bridge too.
      Doesn't the SNW bridge have round corridor behind the consoles or am I just misremembering things (in my defense I've only seen one SNW episodes when Paramount UK put it up for free in the YT channel.
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,526 Arc User
      spiritborn wrote: »

Doesn't the SNW bridge have round corridor behind the consoles or am I just misremembering things (in my defense I've only seen one SNW episodes when Paramount UK put it up for free in the YT channel.

That one sounds more like the DSC Connie bridge. That one the deck was much larger than the SNW one and the consoles were essentially just curved floor-to-ceiling partitions in that larger room with about a turbolift's width of room to walk around and behind them.

The bridge in SNW is larger than the TOS bridge, but not by that much. it adds just enough space to the circumference of the room for another door (probably the "ready room" they mention now and then) and a floor to ceiling window between twice to three times the size of the alcove the TOS mainscreen used to be set into (which also gives enough room for a modern Steadicam style camera to be on the bridge set itself without bumping into things and people instead of outside filming though missing walls like TOS did).
    This discussion has been closed.