test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Tamarian Deep Space Cruiser is a solid ship

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
Anne got hers a day ahead of me and took it to the badlands. it was kitted out for BFAW with the Maelstrom forward for burst. my impression si that it might be one of the tightest turning ships in the game. my build will either be a cannon build or at least two DBBs forward thinking 3 DBBs torp and a regular beam array to keep stuff abeam honest with two aft omnis. the only concern is using the universal LCDR slot as tac. it leaves only a LT and Ens slot for science.

has anyone done the cannon build? or a beam build with the LCDR rocking some grav well crowd control?
Spock.jpg

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    I have seen several people comment on some STO discord channels they have been having fun with single cannon builds with the ship.

I don't think i have seen any comments about utilizing the LCDR for grav well as of yet, but i am sure someone will be crazy enough to make it work.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,513 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    I have seen several people comment on some STO discord channels they have been having fun with single cannon builds with the ship.

I don't think i have seen any comments about utilizing the LCDR for grav well as of yet, but i am sure someone will be crazy enough to make it work.

I was thinking of doing just that :lol:

I just got the ship today, but I probably will not get a chance to do much with it for a few days at least (or probably more like a week or two the way things have been going in the real world lately) and if no one comments on that kind of build for it before then I will report my findings.

On paper it looks good though, and I don't expect much trouble getting it to work.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,989 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    Anne got hers a day ahead of me and took it to the badlands. it was kitted out for BFAW with the Maelstrom forward for burst. my impression si that it might be one of the tightest turning ships in the game. my build will either be a cannon build or at least two DBBs forward thinking 3 DBBs torp and a regular beam array to keep stuff abeam honest with two aft omnis. the only concern is using the universal LCDR slot as tac. it leaves only a LT and Ens slot for science.

has anyone done the cannon build? or a beam build with the LCDR rocking some grav well crowd control?

Yes, I used single cannons (SC) on mine. Seems to work pretty well but the SC aren't quite as potent as DC or DHC. It's been a while since I've used SC so lot's of fun. Maybe DBBs are the way to go.. ? Or Concentrate Firepower and torpedoes? It's a sturdy ship and turns nicely.

I didn't use a gravity well (although I can see it's appeal) because I wanted to keep my Cannon Scatter Volley up as often as possible with PO2. Photonic Officer 1 would work though, perhaps with the Chrono-Capacitor Array reputation trait and a couple points of tactical readiness in the skill tree to speed things along.

There's certainly room for a forward torpedo. Space traits I used for this energy build: Emergency Weapons Cycle + Withering Barrage + Calm Before The Storm + Improved Critical Systems.

uflmp575ia3y.jpg
    ixtsxaijo74e.jpg
    v5b1tnd33jvw.jpg
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited January 6
    I only wish they gave it the battlecruiser mastery package, it would also be nice to be able to get a fleet version with full command much like the Risian Corvette had a full pilot version but that's probably asking too much.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    ok I slapped cannons + sci.. was rather Meh. I'll have to dump the sci and go proper cannon build. also did a 2DBB 1 single and torp so i had 3 beam arrays +2 DBB for faw, but BO3 for anything in the front arc. that and the maelstroms did pretty well on a plasma build
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    SC/Turret build is fun.
    Malon Garbage Scow Build also works.

Torpedo build does its thing as well.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I haven't tried it out yet, but there is one thing that I bemoan, and that's the fact that I cannot rename it "Kayshon, When he Became a Puppet" because there's not enough characters available in the naming bar.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,034 Community Moderator
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    I haven't tried it out yet, but there is one thing that I bemoan, and that's the fact that I cannot rename it "Kayshon, When he Became a Puppet" because there's not enough characters available in the naming bar.

Maybe try something like Kayshon, a Plushy?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Tac heavy plasma build here. it's pretty efficient, but doesn't compete with the UberDPSers, but then again, those folks would out DPS me if they were flying tier 2 ships
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.