test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tractor beams not breaking at 5km

generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
Hello,

So I've been experiencing an issue, and the GM I contacted about it asked me to post here.

Simply put, when I get hit with a Tractor Beam, getting out past 5km no longer breaks the effect. I've been experiencing it still, sometimes it feels like it's been as far out as 12-16 km.

Easy enough to reproduce. Fight a mob that uses Tractor Beams, then try and use distance to break away. You'll get the same "flying through mud" lack of Turn rate you get when a TB is on you, even though you're past the range at which it's supposed to have any effect.

Generator
=================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Hello,

So I've been experiencing an issue, and the GM I contacted about it asked me to post here.

Simply put, when I get hit with a Tractor Beam, getting out past 5km no longer breaks the effect. I've been experiencing it still, sometimes it feels like it's been as far out as 12-16 km.

Easy enough to reproduce. Fight a mob that uses Tractor Beams, then try and use distance to break away. You'll get the same "flying through mud" lack of Turn rate you get when a TB is on you, even though you're past the range at which it's supposed to have any effect.

Generator

That is pretty much the way it has always been as far as I know of. Sometimes I have to run out as far as 20km to break the tractor lock, which does not seem fair since player tractor ranges are so short.

I have the Elachi console on a lot of my ships since the rift jumping it does seems to break the tractor lock a lot of the time (another good console for that is the Tholian one from that event earlier this year, webbing the offender seems to break their lock even better than the rifting does.
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    Now I've had the vfx stay on me forever before, that's nothing new. But recently, what I've been seeing is the actual tractor beam effects are staying with me well past their listed 5km range. I had a new record last week, where tractor beam mines dropped by Romulan ships were tractoring me and doing damage from twenty-six KM away. That's out of line. And yes, I can use Polarize Hull, APO, or any of the other ways to deal with them, but the one that's supposed to work reliably in all circumstances has simply stopped working at some point.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    mandellorian#9145 mandellorian Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Yep its a double bug, once you are tractored the tractor effect ie reduced turn and speed debuff effect keep going REGARLDESS of distance..i was still suffering the turn effect 300KM from the tractor beam emitter, worse if you are outside 10KM the tractor beam becomes infinite duration until you return to within 10KM, did an experiment and the tractor beam continued for over 5 minutes.
    It would appear they were trying to do something with enhanced tractorbeams for the borg and monumentally messed them up.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    You also have a tractor bug that pops up in the current event TFO (Peril Over Pahvo) in the last phase the Dreadnoughts can tractor pull you even when they are dead.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I wonder if any of this is related to the crazy level of lag we've been getting.