test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Neo-Connie's place in the Online-verse

captainrc1captainrc1 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
Just out of curiosity... just when in the Online-verse did the Neo-Connies start coming about? At the same time as in Picard? Or were they built later around 2409 like the Odysseys?
msivh34y8fiv.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Don't think there's any official STO timeline for the Connie-III so unless there's some lore description on the boxed version assume about the same time as Picard.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Yup, and that's the state of all points a new show makes in STO. It's what the game follows unless otherwise stated. Where there's a discrepancy, STO is its own timeline on that point. So, no Enterprise G but the Connie III is in limited service (per it being a boxed ship).

Here's the blurb, courtesy of: https://stowiki.net/wiki/Constitution_III_Miracle_Worker_Cruiser
    The Constitution III, also known as the Neo-Constitution, rose to prominence during a particularly fateful tour of duty that saw it facing off against much more powerful foes and influencing the course of Federation history. The field modifications to the design have been replicated on a small number of vessels for joint study, including its stolen cloaking device - no small feat of diplomacy! This process is much like the ship itself: flexible, adventurous, rugged and capable. It's said the class grows with everyone who serves aboard one, and in turn it imparts them with experiences no one has had before.
    Part of Starfleet's retro revival, the Constitution III-class, nicknamed the Neo-Constitution by Starfleet engineers, was a small and nimble exploratory vessel. In the wake of Utopia Planitia's loss, it also signaled a return to unified starship components, sharing elements with the contemporary Sagan and Echelon-class. The most iconic ship of this class, the U.S.S. Titan-A, was retrofit into this class using components from the original U.S.S. Titan, showcasing the design's versatility.

Reading between the lines, the events of Picard season 3 or something analogous happened for the STO timeline. However, they did not end with the ship being renamed given the fact that we have the Enterprise F. Cue the Titan remaining the Titan or being renamed the Picard, per the original game plan for the series, with the balance of probability closer to the Titan given it still being referenced as the iconic Connie III.

As for when launched, it have to be after 2385 but before Utopia Planetia's reconstruction by 2409. So it would likely be an older ship compared to the bulk of Cryptic's FED designs, closer in launch to 2385 (see. "in the wake of" and the trend demonstrably stopping) rather than 2409. The Inquiry for example is likely a newer, more advanced ship by comparison launching ~2399.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I think someone got some details confused. The Constitution III/Neo-Constitution-class {}, is Length: 560.5m, NOT a "small" ship. It was based on Bill Krause @BuckAdmiral's Shangri-La-class, which was a sleek 295 meter Assault Cruiser, featured at least twice on Trekyards.
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.๐Ÿ––[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    560m is small by STO standards.โ€‹โ€‹
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options

Since when? Is everyone flying Star Destroyers & City Ships these days?
    The Borg Assimilator
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited December 2023

It doesn't have all the STO ships, but here's a handy size-comparison chart (in particular, the chart of ships from 2300-2400).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options

It doesn't have all the STO ships, but here's a handy size-comparison chart (in particular, the chart of ships from 2300-2400).

Thanks for the Links! These charts are much appreciated, but i see nothing here to justify the notion of a 560-meter long ship being considered 'small', especially in light of the fact that most ships (in STO or Canon) are smaller than 560 meters.
    The Borg Assimilator
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Well... we do have a nice shot of the Connie-III alongside a Galaxy.

enterprisedandg.jpg
    She may not be as massive as a galaxy, but she's not tiny either.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Well... we do have a nice shot of the Connie-III alongside a Galaxy.

enterprisedandg.jpg
    She may not be as massive as a galaxy, but she's not tiny either.

That, is a beautiful shot!
    The Borg Assimilator
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    That kind of reminds me of the classic Connie and Excelsior shot from Star Trek 6 with the GCS taking the role of the Excelsior.
This discussion has been closed.