test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really wish we could transfer Zen between games.

baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
I know it can't happen, but I logged onto Champions Online tonight just to see how much Zen I've got over there (bought a lifetime when the game was just coming out) and I've got just over 59K. Could find a lot of stuff for that on Star Trek Online or Neverwinter. :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ksathra2ksathra2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    This used to be possible back in the days when Cryptic was owned by Atari but they removed this when they were bought out by PWE.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    ksathra2 wrote: »
    This used to be possible back in the days when Cryptic was owned by Atari but they removed this when they were bought out by PWE.

Prior to PWE Zen could only be obtained one way. They didn't care if you spent $20 in one game or the other.
    PWE took the game F2P... and if they allowed us to transfer zen back and forth. The easiest game to farm would become the farm for the others. Which would devalue zen in the game it was farmed in, and then it would devalue zen in the others.

Its not logical to swap zen across games while players can trade game resources for zen with other players. To make zen portable they would have to close down the zen exchanges.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Hate to say it but as much as we might enjoy that, it would be too easy to abuse and probably cause damage to the economy of the game the Zen is being transferred to, making it even more difficult for some players to get Zen via Exchange.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hate to say it but as much as we might enjoy that, it would be too easy to abuse and probably cause damage to the economy of the game the Zen is being transferred to, making it even more difficult for some players to get Zen via Exchange.

Yes, I know. Like I said at first, I know it'll never happen. Just seems a waste to have that much Zen just sitting there collecting dust. lol
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »

Yes, I know. Like I said at first, I know it'll never happen. Just seems a waste to have that much Zen just sitting there collecting dust. lol

Why let it collect dust? Champions Online is still a viable game so if you have time for playing two games, that zen over there could come in handy.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Not if they implement ways to prevent you from using it for player economy based items, they'd have to make a separate value for transferred zen and restrict it to buying bound items.

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    If a game ever dies you'd just lose your unused zen entirely.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    avoozuul wrote: »
    If a game ever dies you'd just lose your unused zen entirely.

If they were generous they could choose to refund the $ spent on unused Zen. (or was bought within a reasonable time frame say the past 30-60 days type deal) Meaning anyone that traded game resources to other players for it would be out of luck. However anyone that say spent $50 a month before shut down and hadn't used their zen would be refunded.

Hey their magic game flopped... but at least they returned peoples $.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    You could find a Champions forum or discord and offer to be Santa for less well equipped players, assuming there are things you can buy and gift.

I've thought of doing that with my SWTOR hoard but my old guild is long dead and I haven't subbed myself in years. I keep meaning to sub for a month to play the last few expansions but what I liked most was the original class-specific quests.
This discussion has been closed.