test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

we are missing a red torpedo

whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 416 Arc User
i am watching discovery on episode 13 of season two shows pikes flight deck carrier shooting a red photon torpedo at the discovery. i have been playing for over 10 years and i have never seen a red torpedo burst. unless i missed one in game we are missing a torp type
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    There are several red photon torpedoes in the game, the TNG photon (yellow center but red umbra), the gravimetric (white center, red umbra), the saboteur (though it is a bit orangey), and the Terran Task Force one is a very strident red color. And that is just photon torps themselves, there are a few other red torps outside of that, like the Delphic quantum torp (which is a sligtly pinkish red), and the crystalline energy (torp which is very dark red like the Terran TF photon).

Mechanically, the game actually treats all torpedoes like they came from TNG and just substitutes different sprites for the various torpedo types.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,008 Arc User
    The Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher is also Red. You can get it in the Phoenix Pack.
    (It's a nice addition to an Antiproton build as consoles that buff Antiproton damage also buff this torpedo.)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    There are several red photon torpedoes in the game, the TNG photon (yellow center but red umbra), the gravimetric (white center, red umbra), the saboteur (though it is a bit orangey), and the Terran Task Force one is a very strident red color. And that is just photon torps themselves, there are a few other red torps outside of that, like the Delphic quantum torp (which is a sligtly pinkish red), and the crystalline energy (torp which is very dark red like the Terran TF photon).

Mechanically, the game actually treats all torpedoes like they came from TNG and just substitutes different sprites for the various torpedo types.

Honestly only time I recall torps acting any different then in TNG was the few times they've been retrofitted with tracking tech, while TOS was vague (though it could just be that they didn't have time to explain) what we saw on-screen wasn't that different from TNG.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    The Discovery Connie comes with red torpedoes as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    The torpedo you are talking about is in the game already.
    It even comes from the disco related storyline mission "leap of faith"

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Nanopulse_Plasma_Torpedo_Launcher
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »

True but even though the thread title doesn't mention it, I believe the OP meant photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    husanakx wrote: »

True but even though the thread title doesn't mention it, I believe the OP meant photon torpedoes.

Captain Pike makes specific reference to arming the photon torpedoes in DSC S2E13, just prior to firing them.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    And lorewise Pike's Enterprise is suppose to the same as Kirk's so photons would be weapon of choice there.
This discussion has been closed.