test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 10/19/23

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
edited October 2023 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC maintenance tomorrow, 10/19, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11556263
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

  • bando#9239 bando Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    will this cause us to get a "connection to the login server timed out" on the east coast ive been getting that error for an hour
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,321 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    bando#9239 wrote: »
    will this cause us to get a "connection to the login server timed out" on the east coast ive been getting that error for an hour

    That is because there is shard maintenance going on. You will get that message when that is happening.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,089 Arc User
    Wow...such sweeping updates...looks similar to Champions Online patch notes...
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    bando#9239 wrote: »
    will this cause us to get a "connection to the login server timed out" on the east coast ive been getting that error for an hour

    That is because there is shard maintenance going on. You will get that message when that is happening.
    i guess it's still happening then despite it already being over, it's even worse than before now. i get disconnected every 5 minutes or less, and constant server not responding messages.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,861 Community Moderator
    I just want to say that if anyone is reporting server connection issues, please note that there is the possibility that it is not on Cryptic's end. It could be something between you and the server that is not under the control of Cryptic or the player, but whoever controls the nodes in between.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,321 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    > @arrmateys said:
    > i guess it's still happening then despite it already being over, it's even worse than before now. i get disconnected every 5 minutes or less, and constant server not responding messages.

    I am talking about when maintenance is going on. I usually do not have these problems, I am not denying the accounts of those who do. Though at times it is hard to load ESD or DS9 whether on the older computer or my newer one. On my older one it takes several minutes for the Incursion loading screen to transfer to character screen, newer one it is lickety split. Really would like STO to be optimized better.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    the problem seems to be the worst during the hours they would run maintenance. around 8 hours ago it worked good, no disconnections at all, but at this hour it started disconnecting every few minutes again. i think either the servers are overloaded with people, or perhaps some sort of ddos attack is being targeted at them.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,842 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    arrmateys wrote: »
    the problem seems to be the worst during the hours they would run maintenance. around 8 hours ago it worked good, no disconnections at all, but at this hour it started disconnecting every few minutes again. i think either the servers are overloaded with people, or perhaps some sort of ddos attack is being targeted at them.
    Uh, it's more likely that the servers are offline due to "the hours they would run maintenance".
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
This discussion has been closed.