test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THREE NEW STARSHIP BRIDGES!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,733 Community Moderator
Three brand new starship bridges will be available on PC with the launch of Star Trek Online: Incursion!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11553033
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/11553033
    a Miranda bridge, the Yorktown bridge for the Odyssey classes, and Klingon D7 variant bridge!
    Thanks Cryptic!
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,303 Arc User
    We've been wanting these bridges for a while and it's great to see them being added to the game.
    Two questions, though...
    1. The new Odyssey & K't'inga bridges being unlocked by purchasing an Odyssey or K't'inga variant - are these then usable on any Fed/KDF ship or are they restricted to the Odyssey and K't'inga?
      and
    2. The "Terran Gambit" storyline had some scenes set aboard the Mirror Enterprise - will the Mirror variant of the Odyssey bridge be made available at some stage, probably on purchase of the Lexington?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    1g9uUE1.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Thanks for this Cryptic!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Now I'm confused. Can we even discuss this as the topic is in the FCT? For that matter the Thread itself. But it is an official release. 'Norman, coordinate!!! ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,432 Community Moderator
    IMO as this is discussing the soon to be released bridges, its good.

Speaking of... I knew the Miranda was being worked on, but I am pleasantly surprised by the Odyssey and K'Tinga bridges.
    1. The new Odyssey & K't'inga bridges being unlocked by purchasing an Odyssey or K't'inga variant - are these then usable on any Fed/KDF ship or are they restricted to the Odyssey and K't'inga?

I wanna say probably yes.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    I rarely visit the bridge of the starship, but additional options are appreciated.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    They're good looking bridges.

Personally I prefer the dimly lit ones.

These are certainly nice additions though.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Its nice that we getting these new bridges, bridges and ship layouts as whole had so much potential to be turn into a player housing like feature. It is sad they never got developed to that extent. If we can have space barbie, why not space barbie's house to go with it. I'm resigned this will never happen but at least they are doing things like this every once and while.
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    I'm glad to see these arrive. The K't'inga bridge is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. It wasn't that long ago that I was pining for it as a usable ship bridge when replaying the missions it was in. I'm only a little disappointed that it's just for the D7 line of ships, but it'll certainly be used on the ones I have.

I'm personally hoping that these bridges are, at the least, hooked up to the regular interior sets for us to "turbolift" to. I'm too used to having that feature for regular faction-based interiors and I do enjoy them despite their obvious age (similarly, the Scimitar's bridge not having a turbolift map transition to the regular and more wonderful Romulan ship interior has bugged me to this day). I still long for the dream of seeing the Fed and KDF faction non-bridge ship interiors get the new tilesets and all, however futile a dream that may be at this point.

These are great looking bridges and I'll enjoy them, certainly. Thanks to those who got it through this far.
    Post edited by millybun on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,432 Community Moderator
    Its nice that we getting these new bridges, bridges and ship layouts as whole had so much potential to be turn into a player housing like feature. It is sad they never got developed to that extent. If we can have space barbie, why not space barbie's house to go with it. I'm resigned this will never happen but at least they are doing things like this every once and while.

The problem is return on investment on top of manpower and time needed. Past history apparently told them that bridge packs don't sell very well. That's why they've limited new bridges and interiors to those that get used in missions. Same with unique bridges for event ships nowadays. It takes a lot of time to make something that doesn't get used often, so the resources are better used elsewhere.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captainthomaspeacaptainthomaspea Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Can anyone confirm if this is just the bridge packs or will we have full ship interiors as well ? EG engineering , crew quarters?

Many thanks
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

The problem is return on investment on top of manpower and time needed. Past history apparently told them that bridge packs don't sell very well. That's why they've limited new bridges and interiors to those that get used in missions. Same with unique bridges for event ships nowadays. It takes a lot of time to make something that doesn't get used often, so the resources are better used elsewhere.

I just wish said ships could use whatever bridges and interiors we own, and not just that one grey bridge. :/
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,757 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    rattler2 wrote: »

I just wish said ships could use whatever bridges and interiors we own, and not just that one grey bridge. :/

I do too, that parking-garage-looking thing that is the only option for so many ships is horrible. Even if they just picked one faction bridge of each faction for the standard default on otherwise "garage" bridge ships it would be an improvement, and onscreen evidence suggests that it is not unusual to use the same small set of bridges on a wide range of ships in the shows, or even several different versions on the same ship class, so extreme standardization on something like the concrete bridge actually goes against the spirit of the shows where they would just use something that is a slightly redressed version of (or even just the same version as) the show's hero bridge.

At least one of the biggest factors in the limited sales of the bridge packs is the expense/uncertainty-of-usability ratio. The majority of people whenever the subject of bridges comes up in chat seem to be uncertain if any particular bridge they are interested in will actually work with the ship they want to put it in, and they are far too expensive to buy on a whim to see if they are compatible. Not everyone flies Intrepids or Galaxies for instance, and the descriptions are very poor as to which other ships can use them.

That said, these new bridges are nice additions for the ships that can use them (and I have a few captains whose main ships are Miranda variants, along with one who flys the D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier who can definitely use them). One suggestion (that is unfortunately probably too niche for it to ever get done) is a D7 bridge variant with brighter bluish/purplish lighting for the Romulan Stormbird that is one of the skin options for the legendary D7.

On a humorous note, when I look at that lighted path behind the D7 captain's chair I cannot help but see the Klingons musical number from SNW since it looks so much like lighted high-tech tracks for the chair to move along... :lol:
  • alexanderd12alexanderd12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Wow, never thought I'd see the day when new bridges would be released. Looking forward to this!
This discussion has been closed.