test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dress Uniforms?

michael#7524 michael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Wasn't sure where else to ask this, will we ever see more dress uniforms? I know we have the Odyssey dress, as well as the 23c dress but I was thinking something closer to the dress uniforms from the JJ Abrams reboot. Or shoot possibly classic naval dress uniforms? I think it'd be cool to have a cover(hat) like they wore. And possibly some dress uniforms for the other factions too?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,034 Community Moderator
    We have the Kelvin Admiral uniform, which is pretty close to the Kelvin Dress Uniform. But no hat and its rank can only be admiral.

I think Lifers do get access to a Romulan Republic Dress Uniform. Far as I know the Klingon Empire has never had a formal dress uniform, preferring their armor for formal events, usually augmented by some kind of formal sash. And of course we know the Jem'Hadar don't have dress uniforms either as its not the Jem'Hadar who do diplomacy and it serves no military purpose.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Dress Uniforms though, such as the TNG style longcoats. We never saw a formal dress uniform for the TMP era, and I think the Enterprise era was just a more suit style variant of the standard uniform with a tie. We technically have the First Contact Style Dress Uniform in game already, but as the Diplomatic uniform we get for getting Tier 4 Diplomacy through DOff assignments.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    michael#7524 michael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah I thought it was odd that the kelvin dress only allows the admiral rank, but I digress. One of the biggest issues with the kelvin dress uniform I had, which we also see with the NX-01 uniform, was that both use a hat in the movie/show but we don't gain access to one in game which makes them feel lacking to be honest. I dunno, I think it'd be cool to start seeing actual headgear that could be used with a uniform, as opposed to say the "emancipator" tophat or hats from other outfits
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    Here is a list of all the uniforms / combadges / other clothing in game and how to acquire them.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Uniform
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,513 Arc User
    One that could be interesting is the service cap from The Cage, though it isn't part of a dress uniform.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,605 Arc User
    my favorite is the ambassadors dress uniform from the diplomacy track
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    eazzie wrote: »
    Here is a list of all the uniforms / combadges / other clothing in game and how to acquire them.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Uniform

Remember that the STO wiki is now at https://stowiki.net/ per https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1269873/the-new-star-trek-online-wiki. You can replace the "sto.fandom.com" with "stowiki.net" in any old wiki URLs.

https://stowiki.net/wiki/Uniform
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,034 Community Moderator
    Admittedly though both are active last I saw, and both have almost the same information. The new one seems to have more of the new things that have come out though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,800 Arc User
    The most annoying thing about the Kelvin dress uniform is that it only has access to the newer colour palette, not the older one.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.