test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Connectivity Issues

For the past few hours, I've had trouble connecting to the account server of both Star Trek Online and Champions Online. I haven't any any problems playing other games.

I thought first maybe it was my ISP so I tethered with my phone, but that did not work so I swapped back to my ISP.

I thought maybe it was my firewall so I switched that off and attempted to reconnect, but that did not work either.

I am in the middle of a reinstall of the ARC game client and Star Trek Online but it is very slow going because I keep getting timeouts.

It's possible this is a regional thing affecting Southern Ontario so it would not matter what Internet device I use to connect, but am not sure if that is the case.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems or is it just me? If it is me, I'll just keep plugging away

Comments

• Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Having issues here too. Time out while connecting to account server. Did a reboot of my PC and was finally able to connect for about 3 minutes. Tried to switch to another toon and started getting time outs again.
    It is definitely on the server end as all other websites are loading just fine. STO Forums page (slow to load) and the game itself are the only things that are affected. Ran a speed test and I'm 650+mbps on the up side and 500+mbps on the down.
  • Options
    scubajerryscubajerry Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same thing for me. Been going on for two days. Thought todays update may fix it, but no luck