test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

the only recruitment event that im still waiting for...

binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
would be artificial life form recruitment event... make your own Information android or nurse photonic captain... i wish for such event.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    They're not going to let us make artificial lifeforms as a Captain.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Agree with vegeta. Not gonna happen. I believe they already said that the last time this was brought up.

That is one I wouldn't care to play anyway. I can just see ESD filling up with Data clones if they did.

I love Data, I just don't want to play an AI
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Uh... guys? Pretty sure this falls under the April Fools Joke as... its April 1st.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Wouldn't be a recruitment event, probably a Species Unlock for 2409 Federation faction,

The Traits taken from the Synthetic BOFFs, could maybe be Nerfed a bit for playable ones.

Android: Ground trait. Androids are strong and sturdy, They deal bonus melee damage (So far sounds like Vulcan racial trait), and are resistant to all damage, They're highly resistant to Toxic Radiation (Benzite racial trait) and Psionic damage, Additionally, they are also resistant to Confuse and Placate effects (also part of the Vulcan racial trait). Due to their synthetic nature they do not receive full benefits from standard healing, although they can be repaired and buff by an Engineer's Quick Fix ability.

Reboot: Ground Trait. Androids have the unique ability to reboot themselves in the event they are disabled. they can reboot after a few seconds - effectively reviving themselves without any penalty. an android can reboot themselves every 10 minutes. (Too OP, probably better to give the playable ones something much closer to a Paradox Corrector).

Like years before Cryptic veto'd that idea, Because Soong Types were rare, However Picard season 1 introduced a whole planet of them, even if they joined the Khitomer Alliance, there's still bad blood between them and the Romulans.

Its more of a possibility now than before, however it's still a very slim chance.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    well you only get 1 trait as starting race and if that one is nerfed there is no reason not to have a artificial life form captain. and those dont stay only with androids but photonics can be included too. so it seems it will not happen... oh well...
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    You won't get photonic. You could, in theory, build an android using aliengen, but you wouldn't get the self-reboot capability that is the only real reason to want one.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    You won't get photonic. You could, in theory, build an android using aliengen, but you wouldn't get the self-reboot capability that is the only real reason to want one.

In a way all player characters get a sort of self-reboot by way of the respawn, so that is not even a dealbreaker. Also, I think I have seen a kit module or something that could simulate it (and of course the Red Angel armor though its SFX are not really appropriate for that).
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    if I'm playing a robot I want old school Robbie or B-9
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.