test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Frequent Game Crashing - Error 4f7e53

Ever since yesterday's patch, I've been getting frequent crashes. It seems like every 2nd instance that I log into the game, the game crashes with this error code.
image.png
image.png
(same crash, but seems to be a different code)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,020 Arc User
    It might be worth deleting everything in the game folder except "Star Trek Online.exe" and then running it to let it download a whole new version of the game client.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    It might be worth deleting everything in the game folder except "Star Trek Online.exe" and then running it to let it download a whole new version of the game client.

Won't I lose my outfits if I did that?
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,020 Arc User
    Ah, yes - keep your "screenshots" folder.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Ah, yes - keep your "screenshots" folder.

Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll wait until the next patch. I feel there has to be another way.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    Might be worth running a force verify.Also check that on demand patching is off too.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    Might be worth running a force verify.Also check that on demand patching is off too.
    When you say "Force Verify," do you mean in my Steam library, I right-click Properties, then to the Local Files tab, and then click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files...?"
    I already have On Demand Patching turned off on the launcher.
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Try running these commands in an admin command shell:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    then
    sfc /scannow

Then do a restart. Try and login.
    I get these once in a while and it's Windows at fault.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    When you say "Force Verify," do you mean in my Steam library, I right-click Properties, then to the Local Files tab, and then click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files...?"
    I already have On Demand Patching turned off on the launcher.

You can run force verify from the launcher
  • Options
    accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User

then
    sfc /scannow

Question sir, a friend of mine IS having this problem, and I recommended he take these steps. However he's getting the folling message when he gets to the part where he runs sfc:

"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart
    Windows and run sfc again." Now he DID reboot and tried running sfc again, but he's getting the same message. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User

then
    sfc /scannow

Question sir, a friend of mine IS having this problem, and I recommended he take these steps. However he's getting the folling message when he gets to the part where he runs sfc:

"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart
    Windows and run sfc again." Now he DID reboot and tried running sfc again, but he's getting the same message. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Get them to navigate to C:\Windows\WinSxS\
    They need to look for a .xml file consisting with a string of alphnumerics and .pending.xml this they can either rename it or delete it, should regenerate on running the sfc /scannow command.

Should resolve it.