Install Arc
Options

Winter Event 2022 - It's here

2»

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,201 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I wish they would make winter vanity shields for ships.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I wish they would make winter vanity shields for ships.

There's the Fekhiri shield. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    I mean like festive vanity shields.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,632 Arc User

That one would be a two-edged sword, in Tera a long time ago they allowed whimsical, festive, stuff in the main environment and it started looking extremely silly. The devs here are probably worried about losing the Star Trek feel even more than how the wild profusion of outfits people wear blurs it a bit, if they were to allow too much really bizarre out-of-context gear in.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    That one would be a two-edged sword, in Tera a long time ago they allowed whimsical, festive, stuff in the main environment and it started looking extremely silly. The devs here are probably worried about losing the Star Trek feel even more than how the wild profusion of outfits people wear blurs it a bit, if they were to allow too much really bizarre out-of-context gear in.

Well... playing Devil's Advocate for a minute here, one could say the same of the various Baseball themed vanity shields. While they are of in universe teams, its still baseball.
    [/devilsadvocate]

I think its more likely that the Devs are aiming the winter event at more of an all inclusive type winter celebration event, rather than just Christmas.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,276 Arc User
    They should make the BB gun useable in and out of Winter Wonderland, so it can be another borg gun LOL :)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,920 Arc User
    No, no, no! We don't need more anti-Borg weapons.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

[6/12 9:59][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 24097 (13711) Physical Damage(Critical) to Elite Tactical Drone
  • Options
    I like the one winter vanity shield we have. Kind of.

The brown-reddish look of it is nice, the rusty elements of it are not how I want to see or think of my ship though.
    I'm not necessarily interested in seeing more of these though. Most vanity shields make your ships look like a plastic toy by removing many details and simplifying the textures. I'd prefer new and a wider variety of hull materials to be honest.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

[6/12 9:59][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 24097 (13711) Physical Damage(Critical) to Elite Tactical Drone
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,033 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    The winter event ship for this year sure looks interesting.

The console, experimental weapon, and starship trait combined with a unique bridge officer officer layout and 5/2 weapons layout should make for a lot of fun :smile:

Edit: looks like a new thread on this ship was started here.
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • Options
    edited December 2022

I mean Star Trek is a theoretical future when space travel is a thing, people decorating star ships could possibly happen in real life so there's no reason it shouldn't happen in Star Trek.

• Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Yes, Winter event 2022 looks good.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I think 50x per ornament is a little much for the new Breen weapons, they should be lower than the warp cores and console.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    I'm happy to have the event back, but sweet Jesus, Cryptic, the voice actor for Q is HORRIBLE. the kinda sorta english country (i think) mix with Dickens.. it just does not work
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    britcanuck#5122 britcanuck Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'm happy to have the event back, but sweet Jesus, Cryptic, the voice actor for Q is HORRIBLE. the kinda sorta english country (i think) mix with Dickens.. it just does not work

Someone in the in-game chat was speculating that they thought it was Q Jr. from Voyager (John de Lancie's real life son Keegan), but there's been no confirmation of that yet.
  • Options
    It's supposed to be Q's son from Voyager not Delancie's real son.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,470 Community Moderator
    Actually, the voice actor who did Q's voice was on the livestream tonight.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I mostly played without sound on in past years, so I don't really remember Q's voice that well.

But yeah, the moment I heard him yesterday his voice sounded weird to me. It's just so different from the voice with snarky undertone that De Lancie gave to him.

And I don't mean to offend the voice actor or criticise him for having the voice he has - but it's just too different from the original.

• Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 922 Arc User
    It's not the same Q.
  • Options
    It's not the same Q.

He sounds nothing like Keegan either. His voice already sounded heavier when he was a teenager, about 20 years ago or so.

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,134 Arc User
    It's supposed to be Q's son from Voyager not Delancie's real son.
    That's the same thing, though...
    Still, I believe the Q in STO is not any Q we've encountered on the telly.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    I mostly played without sound on in past years, so I don't really remember Q's voice that well.

Q never had a Voice Actor until this year.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    so in the winter event bought the two different hats, the knitted & starfleet hats yet neither of them appear in the customize your outfit - head - head covering as available to select or wear.
    any advice would be welcome.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

This discussion has been closed.