test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interchangeable Warp and Beam Effects

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
One of the coolest aspects of this game is the authenticity in SFX. It would be nice like the LCARS to have them interchangeable, for example, modern day Captains have the option to get the TOS or TMP warp out sounds or having hand-held communicators instead of badges and vice versa. Being a veteran in this game since Beta, it would be nice if some of the older characters got to experience the newer SFX brought in game. Despite being a 25th Century Captain, I use the Discovery interface because its less obnoxious than the 24th Century color schemes, Voyager and TNG respectively. Also if we can pilot any ship in game, it would be nice it that would extended to the other finer points this game presents. Its a minor ask but it for sake of a Trek RPG it would add to the customization options.

In the grand scheme of things, this is very low on the priority list but just for the cool factor it would be a welcomed option.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately due to the way the game is coded, the transporter and warp effects are currently hard coded to faction. There is only 3 ships in the game that override the warp effects, and even then its only a minor modification of the TNG warp effect (the original 4 Kelvin timeline ships have the round flash and particle trail rather than diamond flash and energy trail)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    With the lack of the Alien tab in the TOS generator I have used the DSC generator instead for a few characters since they use the communicator instead of the badge and I change the uniforms and gear to the TOS ones as soon as possible. The glare transporter is annoying, but there is no other way to do TOS style aliens (except for Andorians, Vulcans, and Tellarites) any other way.