test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THE SAGAN COMMAND CRUISER

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
edited September 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Sagan Command Cruiser, best known as the Stargazer from Star Trek: Picard, is coming soon!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11523143
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Shame it is a promotional ship. The trait could have been nice had it been more readily available.
    Feed Back Pulse needs more, a lot more, love.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Wonder if it would work with Improved Feedback Pulse off the Krenim Science Vessel.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Wow! EVERY NEW SHIP seems to go to a Lockbox (even if it really wasn't/isn't a hero ship). 2 minutes on the PICARD series equals Lockbox ship. Wow!

Why do they even keep the CStore around anymore?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Everything from the new shows is lockbox, not only ships. I personally do not hold any hope this will change until the game shuts down.

Occasionally we get a regular cstore ship, when it's a Cryptic original. But everything past DSC S1 will be a lock or promo box.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Shame it is a promotional ship. The trait could have been nice had it been more readily available.
    Feed Back Pulse needs more, a lot more, love.

When used by players, at least. When used by enemy ships, it's already one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

True, but as far as i know only one (1) end boss uses FBP and the players are even warned in advance when it is charging.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    shadowrycheshadowryche Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Why charge $30 for a ship, when you can get between $150 and $300 for it... This game was fun until I ended up on a fixed income.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I am disappointed. I hoped against all hope that it'd be C-store
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    The constellation class still doesn’t have a T6, right—pity it wasn’t the Sagan, but a T6 Constellation is coming someday. I guess I’ll just wait for that one.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Not even gonna try to get it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    It's also very similiar to the Nimitz-class or rather STOs Europa-version of it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    One less tac console slot than I would've liked, stats seem to similar to the buran.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Another nifty ship I'll never own...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Isn't that technically the first 25th century-based officially Federation ship in a lockbox?
    Setting yet another unwelcome precedent in the lockboxes, I see.

And announcing this right before a Live Letter for FFXIV 6.2 and the release of Spider-Man Remastered on PC (and Cult of the Lamb).
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Isn't that technically the first 25th century-based officially Federation ship in a lockbox?

And announcing this right before a Live Letter for FFXIV 6.2 and the release of Spider-Man Remastered on PC (and Cult of the Lamb).

No, if nothing else there is the California-class that came out a little while ago, and the Inquiry class from the ridiculous copy-paste fleet in PIC s1, so it is not the first. It is disappointing though.
  • Options
    xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Holy Shi...p That ship looks amazing! Have to hand it to the ship design team! The exterior is phenomenal. Hope they paid as much attention to the interior. The space jelly interior is practically non-existent. As far as it being a lock-box aka Gamble-box ship. Don't care. Still looks cool, though I would never in a million years spend the $$$ trying to get one or bother trying to acquire the billions of EC to buy from the broken exchange.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited August 2022

No, if nothing else there is the California-class that came out a little while ago, and the Inquiry class from the ridiculous copy-paste fleet in PIC s1, so it is not the first. It is disappointing though.
    Ah right, I forgot about the California, but isn't that an older design from the 24th?

Though, I'm pretty sure the Sagan is the first ship there with the 25th century STO aesthetic/hull pattern.
    Hope they paid as much attention to the interior
    It'll likely have the regular Fed bridges, and maybe the Disco ones, whether Walker or Crossfield.
    Though, it having just the basic alien bridge by accident or "design" would be an "hilarious" twist.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    xsi1e wrote: »
    Holy Shi...p That ship looks amazing! Have to hand it to the ship design team! The exterior is phenomenal. Hope they paid as much attention to the interior. The space jelly interior is practically non-existent. As far as it being a lock-box aka Gamble-box ship. Don't care. Still looks cool, though I would never in a million years spend the $$$ trying to get one or bother trying to acquire the billions of EC to buy from the broken exchange.

No new interiors, sorry. It's either the generic "alien" bridge (the grey cubicle) or at best you have access to all faction specific default bridges.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Looks cool. Now we just need a cigar animation for our Captains.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    So Can it use the borg set from the adapted ships? it'd kinda make sense with it using all that borg stuff.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    damocles2209damocles2209 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    The ship is using the wrong model. In game, in every single place you can interact with it, it appears as a Parliament Class. (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    nerd666nerd666 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    The ship uses the correct skin now, however there is zero customization options and if you go to the ship customizer all you will see is the Parliament class skin. Oh, and yeah still no new bridge. Come on guys these ships are expensive we deserve more for the money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Lockbox ships haven’t had bridges for years. And this ship has no variants, so there is nothing that it kitbashes with. If it is just missing variant skins, that sounds like an oversight. But remember this is a scaled-down version of the Doug Drexler model. It’s complexity including the interior (bridge model viewable from outside the view screen) may make it difficult to work with a lot of the other in-game skins.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    nerd666 wrote: »
    The ship uses the correct skin now, however there is zero customization options and if you go to the ship customizer all you will see is the Parliament class skin. Oh, and yeah still no new bridge. Come on guys these ships are expensive we deserve more for the money.

Due to the ship skeleton differences the Sagan is not a member of the Heavy Cruiser (4 nacelle cruiser) family, shes a standalone ship.

Additionally the ships size is also different enough it would have been a major pain to make all the parts work together anyway.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    nerd666nerd666 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    nerd666 wrote: »

Due to the ship skeleton differences the Sagan is not a member of the Heavy Cruiser (4 nacelle cruiser) family, shes a standalone ship.

Additionally the ships size is also different enough it would have been a major pain to make all the parts work together anyway.

That doesn't mean that it shouldn't have material selections, and window options. It also doesn't mean that there should be a blurry spot where the ship name should be in front of the bridge window. Like it or not, some things are wrong with it and need to be addressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.