test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need advice on game setting

Hi, I just upgraded my system and I'm hoping to find a way to get better performance for this game. Here are my specs.
  • Ryzen 5 5600
  • RAM 16GB
  • RX 6800
  • Samsung Odyssey 7 32" Curve @ 2560x1440p refresh rate up to 240Hz.

Right now this game is kind of hesitating as I am changing characters or making dill. I've been playing with the refresh rate and still haven't found a solution to this stuff. Thanks

Also, is there a way to change the POV? I would like to see more real estate.

Best Answer

• Options
    mementh1549mementh1549 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    RE: the game "lagging" when making dill, or changing characters, as i understand it there is a requirement for the client to get data from the server to confirm a operation happened.
    So when you change characters it has to make sure it got all the info from the server to load whats on the screen.
    For making dill, no idea why but it happens to me as well and others.
    Its something i would bet regarding it being tradable for zen and zen being linked to real life money as to why it wants to confirm its done right!

Answers

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    I don’t understand what you are trying to do from your OP. What settings do you want to change?

You talk about only refresh rate and something to “change your POV” to “see more real estate”

For that: The shipwright Tomas the Cat (head ship designer for STO) has a great article about changing your field of view. I will be honest, I don’t entirely understand it. But it seems it changes the size and scale of things around you. So it may help you “see the real estate”

I will quote from the article from now:

“You can use the command /gfxsetdefaultfov <number> to change your camera's field of view (which basically sets how wide an arc of the game world you can see at one time)

Why would you do this you ask? Well, the wider your field of view is, the more of the game world you can see at once and the smaller things look. The smaller your field of view is, the same amount of screen space is devoted to showing a smaller angle, so things look larger comparatively.”

The <number> appears to be the number of degrees you can see around you. So 20 would be a narrow field of view while 75 would be really wide(compared to the games native 55)

Anyway feel free to check out the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/1xogne/changing_your_field_of_view_for_fun_and_profit_or/