test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen store warning (Should I worry?)

kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited June 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
uuihzi2n7x8f.png

Is this something I should worry about? I just bought enough zen to get Caitians recently , though I've been selling zen on the dilthium exchange for dithium and buying some keys for lock boxes I haven't really been doing much with zen why all of a sudden does this come up? Should I be worried? I'm a life time subscriber so i get the stipend...
Nobody here, but us blue kittens.

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Unless you are buying things for a quick turnaround and sell, it should not make a difference. Usually, if you get a hold like that whatever you buy is bound to you and cannot be resold for something like ten days. It happens a lot to indirect players like those who login via Steam since Steam tends to batch-process payments to STO about once a week instead of realtime which leaves the possibility for credit exploits that take advantage of the delay.

The hold also acts as a safety against account hijackers when the system isn't sure it is really you making the purchase because it is somehow out of character with your purchase history patterns or otherwise suspicious (it seems to be very sensitive and err on the side of caution). That is a good thing because it makes it harder for someone who somehow gets your login from buying things with your zen and transferring the stuff to dummy accounts.
  • kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I'm a lifetime subscriber so i usually on spend that zen i get ,though i have bought 10 bucks worth because i wanted to make a federation caitian and my stipend wasn't going to come before the event ended and i only play though steam I bought the zen on the website here. I only bought keys to unlock some boxes i'm stuck on the rich dilthium vein mission on one char due to a misclick and it won't let me drop it so i'm trying Th get a rich dilthium claim out of all the boxes i've collected over time. I'm just concerned iw as gonna be banned. I didn't even use the steam wallet to buy zen i used my card directly through the site here.... That's why i was confused and concerned...
    Post edited by kursed#7599 on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    No, that tends to happen when buying Zen through Steam. Nothing to worry about.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited June 2022
    But I didn't buy Zen through steam.... I bought it on the website here... that's why i'm confused, but thank you. I only play through steam because that's how I've always played it. But again I bought it through the website using my card so.. I'm confused, oh well as long as I'm not in trouble.
    Yeah i was just worried I did something wrong or someone had gotten hold of my account,i just went to buy a couple keys for lockboxes as I said since my char is stuck on the rich dilthium mission and that little ring that shows were youer mision is is there even thoguh i hid the mission, and i can't seem to drop it..... thx again.