test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Theory on the Q "Spoiler Warning is in Effect"

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
I just watch the latest Episode of Star Trek Picard Marcy and a great revelation is Happening Q is dying! How can Q Die here is my Theory is properly because his Star is also about to Die. Now here is where this Theory comes together it comes in the Episode of Star Trek VOY S03E11 The Q and the Grey. When the Voyager Witness a Supernova at Close range but the main part of this many Super Novas are happening and it Turns out it was Causing from a Civil War in the Q Continuum. So that got me Thinking from this episode what if Stars "Suns" and Q's are one and the Same; because why would Q be Dying if not the Sun he is connected to is actually Dying the reason is this Stars can live for Billions of Years Thus the Q have an Endless Life only as there Star is still around. What you guys Think of this Theory?
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Seems a bit too close to Andromeda and how Trance was basically the avatar of a star.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Maybe but the Idea Actually Came to me from the Star Trek Voyager Season 3 Episode "Q and the Gray"; because when a Q got killed a Star went Super Nova, why is that Why did a Star Go Nova when a Q dies that part never got explained in Star Trek Voyager and when Ganuin Revealed that Q is Dying and he said there will be nothing of him like he was never there to begin with that Hit me what if he is an Avatar like you said of a Star that is about to become a Black Hole!
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • Options
    I always interpreted the supernova events duing the Q Civil War as just how the conflict translated from the Continuum into our realm. Don't forget the Q live on an entirely different plane of existence. Gods, for all intents and purposes. How would any conflict on that level translate to the lower planes? Probably as some of the biggest celestial events we know of.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    Guinan tried to summon a Q. The dying Q here wasn't the specific goal, she was trying to contact the Continuum, and came up empty. This makes me wonder if Q sealed his own fate by changing history, leading the Coalition to eradicate all of the Q - at their root, which would mean that until Our Heroes succeed in fixing things and erasing the Coalition timeline, there are no Q.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    I do not think the Coalition is Responsible with Q's Mortality I think if its Not a Star that he is Connected too then its the Q Continuum is the one that is Punishing Q for the things he did to Humanity and ultimately changing the Timeline and Billions of Other Races too Because he Removed One of Picards Ancestors from excistinse and I think the Q responsible for this is the dude from the TNG Episode S03E13 Deja Q
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    but the Idea Actually Came to me from the Star Trek Voyager Season 3 Episode "Q and the Gray"; because when a Q got killed a Star went Super Nova

Those stars exploding had nothing to do with anybody dying. They were the physical manifestation of the damage being done by whatever weapons were being used in the Q's civil war. When outsiders saw it in a manner they could understand they experienced it as artillery shells exploding when they hit the ground and such. In reality that translated to actual damage happening in the the universe. In this case stars exploding. The Q are not tied to any stars the way you're implying, that wouldn't make sense as they are far older than those stars
  • Options
    Yeah after I re-Watch the episode that change my theory but I think Q is being Punished and Mortality is his Punishment
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    ryuranger wrote: »
    I do not think the Coalition is Responsible with Q's Mortality I think if its Not a Star that he is Connected too then its the Q Continuum is the one that is Punishing Q for the things he did to Humanity and ultimately changing the Timeline and Billions of Other Races too Because he Removed One of Picards Ancestors from excistinse and I think the Q responsible for this is the dude from the TNG Episode S03E13 Deja Q

Why would the other Q punish Q? He is a trickster, there is one in almost every pantheon, and their job is generally to stir up strategically aimed chaos to impart wisdom upon mortals and also to keep the other gods from becoming bored and complacent. Roddenberry was very fond of that kind of folktale which is why you see the trope crop up time and again in the traditional Treks (and now PIC).
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User

Why would the other Q punish Q? He is a trickster, there is one in almost every pantheon, and their job is generally to stir up strategically aimed chaos to impart wisdom upon mortals and also to keep the other gods from becoming bored and complacent. Roddenberry was very fond of that kind of folktale which is why you see the trope crop up time and again in the traditional Treks (and now PIC).
    It also wouldn't explain why Guinan was unable to summon any Q when she used the ritual. Apparently it's supposed to put an El-Aurian in touch with the Continuum - not one Q in particular, but a Q. It's why she was shocked when it didn't work.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

It also wouldn't explain why Guinan was unable to summon any Q when she used the ritual. Apparently it's supposed to put an El-Aurian in touch with the Continuum - not one Q in particular, but a Q. It's why she was shocked when it didn't work.

Indeed. There is more to this, the fact that no one responded technically speaking (Q did, but he had to use primative forms of transport to get himself there) is not a good sign.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User

except that one of the CONSTANT themes of these Trickster deities is eventually they go to far and get punished.
  • Options
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Indeed. There is more to this, the fact that no one responded technically speaking (Q did, but he had to use primative forms of transport to get himself there) is not a good sign.

I'm wondering if its because of the disruption of the timeline. Because of the change that brought about the Confederation of Earth... Picard never met Guinan alongside Mark Twain in those episodes dealing with the Devidians. If Picard never met Guinan in that time period, it would explain why Guinan didn't recognize him in 2024. So the time disruption had a much larger impact.

And we know El Aurians are sensitive to things like that, which could also translate to other elements as well. As the timeline was disrupted, it might have weakened the summoning "ritual". Q heard it, but as you said he couldn't respond immediately. The other Q might have heard it, but either didn't care or were unable to respond because of temporal shenanigans interfering. With the timeline in flux... who knows what could be going on.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    personally, I think it was just lazy writing to pass off the age of the actor. I would have preferred they had done the CGI Q in the first episode, and left it at that. Q didn't have to be crazy or sick or anything.
    We Want Vic Fontaine