test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A nod to the California Class from Lower Decks...

123457»

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    krisxr400 wrote: »
    Really another lock box gambling ship? This is why the cerritos is garbage. So disappointing when you get that notification in the launch bar that says "hey look at this cool new ship", then go read about it and it's in a lock box. if all of those ships were in the store, players would buy them. not at $200 though. ugh why do i bother.

That video at the convention should have said, "And Most of you won't be getting it, HA HA HA!"

This is a carrot on a stick scenario to the fullest.

Well, if they continue doing things the way they have everyone should be able to get one for free with the 2023 Event Campaign next year at least.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »
    It's official.....being a lockbox ship, the California Class can now be called the "USS SCREWU" :(

did anyone really think it wouldn't be?

I thought it would be worse, that it would be a promo ship. I've had better luck with the lockbox lotto than I have with those. They say the Infinity Lock Box is like 1%... promo is less. (And yet there's always a guy that gets three or four of them a day every day... must be nice to not have to care about money...)

Tests others have done show the Promo box actually has better odds than normal Lockboxes, but the better odds are countered by the higher price and infrequent availability of Promo boxes. For me personally I have won three Promo ships, but only one Lockbox ship.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    joshmaul wrote: »
    It's official.....being a lockbox ship, the California Class can now be called the "USS SCREWU" :(

did anyone really think it wouldn't be?

I thought it would be worse, that it would be a promo ship. I've had better luck with the lockbox lotto than I have with those. They say the Infinity Lock Box is like 1%... promo is less. (And yet there's always a guy that gets three or four of them a day every day... must be nice to not have to care about money...)

Tests others have done show the Promo box actually has better odds than normal Lockboxes, but the better odds are countered by the higher price and infrequent availability of Promo boxes. For me personally I have won three Promo ships, but only one Lockbox ship.

I'm the other way around. I've won five lockbox ships, and not one from the promo. I only have certain promo ships, not counting from legendary packs (specifically I got the Annorax, the Inquiry, and the Disco-D7) through other means - Lobi sales, event campaigns, etc.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Really another lock box gambling ship? This is why the cerritos is garbage. So disappointing when you get that notification in the launch bar that says "hey look at this cool new ship", then go read about it and it's in a lock box. if all of those ships were in the store, players would buy them. not at $200 though. ugh why do i bother.

That video at the convention should have said, "And Most of you won't be getting it, HA HA HA!"

Well, if they continue doing things the way they have everyone should be able to get one for free with the 2023 Event Campaign next year at least.

Joy...a ton of more waiting. :|
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User

Joy...a ton of more waiting. :|

Even more waiting from my point of view since they only do one event campaign a year and the California would be about sixth or seventh on my list.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Still no complaints from me, I think they find a right balance that offers something to everyone; regardless of their situation. So I try to be appreciative!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    strathkin wrote: »
    Still no complaints from me, I think they find a right balance that offers something to everyone; regardless of their situation. So I try to be appreciative!

Not me. So far NO Lower Decks ship for c store....even TOS, THE big "NO NO!" for CBS allowed some tos in the c store, yo.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Well there is the Titan or Riker's Ship, and the Version in Lower Decks was the earlier Variant from 2380's the timeline of Lower Decks. Star Trek Online called it the Luna Class, based on earlier Novels featuring it that Riker commanded. They did release a T6 in ZEN store with a new 2410 skin too; there were also some older T3 variants if I remember correct that unlock for the T6 too, and others too.

Federation_Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel.png
    pel4vmdfz6om.png

Those other skins are listed under this link, as well as how to unlock them:
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Titan_Science_Destroyer

I would have hoped myself, they'd release the 2380 Ceritos (California Class) as a T5U Ship that came with a T5u Bundle for 3,000 ZEN. Yet when they released the T5 Steam Runner that was 2.5+ years ago, and I guess they don't see many drawn to T5u ships; even if they have 11 consoles at T5u.

Still perhaps after a Mudd's Bundle release, maybe a year or two later release a Legendary Variant with the 2380's and 2410 Skins. Wish I had better news myself, but a little understandable.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    strathkin wrote: »
    Well there is the Titan or Riker's Ship, and the Version in Lower Decks was the earlier Variant from 2380's the timeline of Lower Decks. Star Trek Online called it the Luna Class, based on earlier Novels featuring it that Riker commanded. They did release a T6 in ZEN store with a new 2410 skin too; there were also some older T3 variants if I remember correct that unlock for the T6 too, and others too.

Federation_Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel.png
    pel4vmdfz6om.png

Those other skins are listed under this link, as well as how to unlock them:
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Titan_Science_Destroyer

I would have hoped myself, they'd release the 2380 Ceritos (California Class) as a T5U Ship that came with a T5u Bundle for 3,000 ZEN. Yet when they released the T5 Steam Runner that was 2.5+ years ago, and I guess they don't see many drawn to T5u ships; even if they have 11 consoles at T5u.

Still perhaps after a Mudd's Bundle release, maybe a year or two later release a Legendary Variant with the 2380's and 2410 Skins. Wish I had better news myself, but a little understandable.

Still too long a wait.

Thanks a heap, CBS.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Yea, I wished too they had rethought releasing a T5U version with the 2380's Skin that came with T5u Bundle for 3000 ZEN; then released a 2410 skin for the Lockbox Variant with another Console. As that could have encouraged some to get both for a 2 piece Console set, then later even if they released a Legendary Variant maybe a new 3rd Console; or slight skin change to of the other 3 variants we saw on Lower Decks. Still it's likely only the T6 Lockbox Ship Lockbox will be MW however.

Just thought they could have given a little something to everybody that way; T5u ships aren't worthless as they still sell them in CSTORE provided they have 11 consoles. Just in most cases I understand the reason for limiting new T5 ships, yet this likely could have been an exception that do quite well.
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.