test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I think the Crossfield refit should have access to other 32c. ship materials.

chociily#6045 chociily Member Posts: 17 Arc User
I have seen the 32c. materials on other 32c. ships and I'd love to be able to try them on my Crossfield. The mirror Crossfield and Glenn have access to the mirror Crossfield material, as well as the non-Crossfield version of the mirror Discovery material, so why can't it be the same way with the refit and 32c. materials?
bot48i3eo5gf.png

Here is a shot my friend took, notice how the material says "32nd Century Starfleet". The Crossfield refit is 32c Starfleet too, right?
jkbf41s7o4u6.png

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    It would be nice, but unfortunately it'll probably only happen if they have a reason to make another Crossfield variant one day.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    It would be nice, but unfortunately it'll probably only happen if they have a reason to make another Crossfield variant one day.

Eh... I feel like it might be more likely if you have both the Crossfield Refit and a 32c ship, kinda like how the Vengeance and Kelvin Connie can swap hull material if you have both.

But atm... not sure.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Perhaps the other hull materials do not work with the 32c's spore jump effect since it has all of those panels that light up.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > It would be nice, but unfortunately it'll probably only happen if they have a reason to make another Crossfield variant one day.

Let's hope not, because the last thing we need is another crossfield.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Eh... I feel like it might be more likely if you have both the Crossfield Refit and a 32c ship, kinda like how the Vengeance and Kelvin Connie can swap hull material if you have both.

But atm... not sure.

Thomas has said that they only add materials when they have a reason to "touch" a particular ship model, so no matter how they did it it would only happen with either a remaster or a new variant. The newer 32c ships seem to get all the 32c materials by default without owning the other ships though, so I don't think they would do it the same way as the JJ ships.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    garaffe wrote: »
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > It would be nice, but unfortunately it'll probably only happen if they have a reason to make another Crossfield variant one day.

Let's hope not, because the last thing we need is another crossfield.

I'd rather another Crossfield, than another floaty nacelles ship. 🙄
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    What would really be great is if they would make the Crossfield class kitbashable with the version from the "first look" and who's silhouette is on some of the Discovery's engineering displays instead of the Crossfield's outline (it would make a good c-store ship for people who like the general lines of the Crossfield but want something in an account-unlock instead of single-character.

Even better would be to also include the original McQuarrie ship (which appeared in the background of TMP and an episode or two of TNG) in the kitbash cluster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • Options
    jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    So can someone please remind me... Do all the crossfields have to be on the same character, or can they be on the same account to be able to have those materials?
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    So can someone please remind me... Do all the crossfields have to be on the same character, or can they be on the same account to be able to have those materials?

Depends on which version of the Crossfield you have.
    • Crossfield: Character
    • Mirror Crossfield: Character
    • Legendary Crossfield: Account (includes standard and Mirror, but not 32c)
    • 32c Crossfield Refit: Character

The only one that is account wide is the Legendary, which includes everything that came before it but not after. Its the same with the Legendary DSC Connie not having access to the Mirror Connie parts because that came after the release of the Legendary.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.