test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crash on Cryptic screem

My game has recently started crashing on my main desktop on the Cryptic screen after loading.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and multiple hard drives with internal and external.

I have tried launching the game from different launchers(Steam, Arc, and bypassing the launcher all together)

I have tried changing proxies and going into safe mode. Same thing.

I have checked and my drivers are updated and even turned off my antivirus.

This is on an RTX 2080ti, Intel i9-9900K, and 64gb of RAM

Comments

• Options
    tgriff85tgriff85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    im experiencing the same thing and cant get on the game at all. ive tried all these things too. i have no idea what to do now
  • Options
    catplambcatplamb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    3/4 load on cryptic screen then crashes tried all the fixes i could find on forums.
  • Options
    lordphoenixudiclordphoenixudic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Ditto. 3/4ths load and drop to desktop.

From what I can tell by watching it in Process Monitor, the last things it does before throwing werfault.exe (which for whatever reason doesn't pop up as a full process crash) is it reads from the data, bins, and texture hoggs, then goes looking for LightFX.dll, then RZChromaSDK64.dll, then the various *140.dlls, then it writes a log to the Razer Chroma SDK (which says it had an error opening GameClient.exe), then it reads about a dozen offsets in bins.hogg (the last being offset 336,640,691 of length 1,750,656), then throws werfault, and exits threads.

Wondering if it has something to do with the Razer software, might have to check that out.
  • Options
    lordphoenixudiclordphoenixudic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Ditto. 3/4ths load and drop to desktop.

From what I can tell by watching it in Process Monitor, the last things it does before throwing werfault.exe (which for whatever reason doesn't pop up as a full process crash) is it reads from the data, bins, and texture hoggs, then goes looking for LightFX.dll, then RZChromaSDK64.dll, then the various *140.dlls, then it writes a log to the Razer Chroma SDK (which says it had an error opening GameClient.exe), then it reads about a dozen offsets in bins.hogg (the last being offset 336,640,691 of length 1,750,656), then throws werfault, and exits threads.

Wondering if it has something to do with the Razer software, might have to check that out.

Bingo. Uninstalled/Reinstalled Razer Chroma and it started right up.