test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heavy clipping: *ALL* short sleeved outfits (male and female)

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
edited May 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Issue: heavy clipping around the arms of all short sleeved male outfits.

Assets confirmed to be affected:
  • Shirt-Disco
  • Risia Explorer Outfit
  • Miner Shirt Short Sleeve
  • Colony shirt
  • Romulan Civilian Rolled Medium Sleeved
  • Romulan Civilian Rolled Medium Sleeved Collar
  • The Original Series Medical
  • The Next Generation Skant (exposed arm model is too short, doesn't connect with sleeves)

Any short sleeved uniform should suffer from this clipping (ex. sons of none and chu chu t-shirts, didn't have available to test). Issue seems to stem from change to geometry/shape of male upper arms rather than clothing assets.

Female Voth outfit also is also still heavily clipping around the cuff of the short sleeves. (still unfixed from female body update)

Screenshots:
FNlmSTuX0AkuB3v?format=png&name=small
FNlnYNuXEAYZ3IN?format=png&name=small

Additional Comment: As body models have been updated recently, a recurring feature is that these short sleeved outfit/bare chest options are hit heavily with clipping issues. For whatever benefit there is to improving model shape, the costs in pervasive clipping issues are very steep.
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• luxfarreluxfarre Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is also happening with some female shirts, though it appears to be limited to the "Relaxed" pose when the left hand is on the hip. This is appearing with female tops with 1/2 to 3/4 sleeves in the "Jacket Loose" and "Vests" categories. I did not see it in the "Bare Chest" category, or the "Tight Jacket" category.

Observed this with the following female tops:
    • 23 c Ithenite Dress
    • 23 c Jumpsuit
    • 23 c Nurse
    • Colony Shirt
    • Miner Shirt Short Sleeve
    • Voth

Additionally, while the band shirts do not have this clipping, there is a tiny gap between the bottom of the sleeve and the top of the exposed arm. I only noticed it because I was using the green background in the tailor.

rnlysbo0s78c.png
    49bugaoyeywz.png
    oq3qm5kyxtnm.png
    zb6cukpghfgr.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Yeah and I can confirm that *all* female short sleeved uniforms have similar clipping issues with any similar animation (ex. holding weapons). 23c Kllingon and 23c Klingon mesh also have heavy clipping at the back and the Starfleet academy uniform has clipping against the rear right of the leg.

A fix to body clipping would greatly be appreciated, as with this minor QoL update we've lost effectively a large category of uniform items, including expensive premium uniforms (Ex. Voth). It's not been a good trade-off at all for space barbie community. Ex. reversion to old spec if fixing the models is untenable, the uniforms for which body model revamps are most impactful are those that are now effectively unusable. It's an incredible waste.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • solak42bwsolak42bw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Adding in with Duncan and uniform issues clippingf1vxc2a5uwel.png
  • solak42bwsolak42bw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    b8uoisugztyf.png
    lhfyds7099c0.png
    edited May 2022
    I'll add that all the Antares uniform open variants for females clip at left side of the neck, and that none of the above have been resolved since posting (by recent testing).

These all represent premium uniforms and some have become incredibly expensive (market rates for lobi uniforms have gone up considerably) and not to be able to use them due to extreme clipping issues is very problematic to say the least. More time needs to be dedicated to clipping issue fixes as the cumulative effect depresses the space barbie endgame. It becomes a quest of work arounds for unusuable uniforms/combos (by clipping) while shunning investment in more on the fear that it'll break too or ship in a poor state (and never be addressed. See. Lower Decks collar).

And to update this with faction/species info for the above screenshots (including those posted by others, which I can independently verify)

Screenshot groups (in order)
    1. KDF Alien male
    2. FED (2409) Alien female
    3. FED (2409) Human male

For the referenced clipping issues, here are the primary characters I tested with.
    • Risia Explorer Outfit - KDF alien male
    • Miner Shirt Short Sleeve - ROM (FED aligned) Romulan male
    • Colony shirt - KDF alien male & FED (2409) human male
    • Romulan Civilian Rolled Medium Sleeved - ROM (FED aligned) Romulan male
    • Romulan Civilian Rolled Medium Sleeved Collar - ROM (FED aligned) Romulan male
    • The Original Series Medical - FED (2409) human male
    • The Next Generation Skant (exposed arm model is too short, doesn't connect with sleeves) - KDF alien male
    • Voth upper uniform (clips with back of forearms, edge of sleeves) - FED (2409) alien female
    • 23c Klingon upper (clipping with mesh) - KDF alien female
    • Starfleet Academy skirt (clipping at the back of right leg) - FED (2409) alien female
    • Antares open variants (clipping at base of neck, left) - FED (2409) alien female
    • 23 c Ithenite Dress - FED (2409) alien female
    • 23 c Jumpsuit - FED (2409) alien female
    • 23 c Nurse - FED (2409) alien female

I haven't found any variation in these clipping issues across species and factions (they were principally introduced with the body model updates), but will update if those come up in my testing.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Moved for greater visiblity.

I would also like to add the Mirror Bortas'qu top on female KDF having clipping issues on the back and around the collarbone and the neck tends to clip through the collar unlike the normal Bortas'qu.

And I believe the Honor Guard top with the boob window has clipping issues as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    ......and don't forget the female mirror uniforms sleeveless and the excursion mirror uniforms are all clipping anywhere from the shoulder blades, collar bones and chest areas. I started posting about the sleeveless uniforms clipping back in September and posted about the excursions as soon as it was released and the response from Cryptic has been an overwhelming sound of crickets. Ahhhh I forgot, its been so long the crickets are dead, now its the sound of silence.
  • dameron92dameron92 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    To be honest i did the same post in october 2021, where i told the same thing about terran leeta outfit and DSC, more thing that there is a problem with colour change, when you try to change colour of chest, game in addition is changing and hair colour and other parts of set.
    edited May 2022
    clipping has been known for years.

These clipping issues specifically came with the new body model updates of the last few months (first female, then male more recently). I can also confirm that they are *now* known and the bug reports here very definitely helped compile affected costumes for the team to work on (only assume something's known and don't report it to keep on radar = never fixed).