test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't start game due to constant "Failed to connect to account server" and "Connection timeout"

I've been having this problem since last night where I can't even get past the launcher without it saying "Connection timed out" or something similar to that. I've reset my router around 8 times already and still it won't work. I can't even get into the launcher to verify the files. I did a system file verification to see if that was the issue and it repaired one file and I thought "Maybe that's the problem!" But it wasn't. I use steam to play too so I don't know if that's the issue. Has anyone else had problems like this?

Comments

• spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    I had this proble. Turning off McAfee VPN solved it.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I seem to be having the same problem or something quite similar. The launcher loads slowly, as in what normally loads up in seconds take minutes. The various element in the launcher slowly crawl up; Evertyhing from the advertising to the starfield on the face of the launcher that gradually crawls down from the top top the launcher to the bottom. When it does proceed the load to the main screen progresses at what seems to be a normal rate. Here a captain takes a long time to materialize and all the figures are standing upright as though they are missing instructions to crouch or play with tricorders/weapons. From the selection screen it times out before I reach the game proper. The last time I loged in the other day it was working perfectly, now it's like molasses. I'm not running McAfee or any intrusive firewall/virus apps. My internet connection appears to work as normal with any other sites. I have no idea what's up.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• idontknow200idontknow200 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    earlier today and yesterday, I was also timed out of the server. sometimes I was puting equiptment into my new ship. then other times it just timed me out while I was on a mission. I just keep on signing in. aldo, I hope that you can be in your ship, when you need to go planetside you could take an archer x class, or the prodigy ship as long as it has a landing vehicle.