test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If I'm already speaking with support via email why do I need to make a report on the forum?

metha#2537 metha Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited October 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Private Correspondence redacted - rattler
Post edited by metha#2537 on

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    First of all, private correspondence is not allowed in the forums only bug reports are allowed in this section of the forums. Secondly, if you are speaking with support via email, they require you also to make a bug report on the forum for the next tier of support to look at as well as for greater visibility to them and the Star Trek Online community, so they also are aware if there is any bug or not. Now, one can question how well their departments work together but this apparently is how Cryptic operates for better or for worse. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    sthe91 wrote: »
    First of all, private correspondence is not allowed in the forums.

I am doing exactly what I was told to do by support.
    Post edited by metha#2537 on
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    @metha#2537 You need to remove all the communications you have posted between yourself and support as this is a violation of forum rules. If you don't remove them, if a mod were to see this thread they will either make a request for you to remove them or remove them themselves.

Also a word to the wise. Less of the flamethrower, calm down. Your post is somewhat with attitude, this alone is a reason for a mod to actually close this thread, so some rewording on your part would be prudent.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Forum rules state that posting private correspondence on the forums, in this case e-mails between you and Customer Support, is not allowed. Private means Private. Not public. For all we know those e-mails could have had private information that could be compromising, and you posted everything for the public to see. Think of it as posting your bank information or Social Security Number. Not exactly a good idea.

When you were directed to post on the forums, that did not mean post the e-mails. That meant make a post about the issue and explain in detail what the issue is. Preferably without the flamethrowers.

Now... if you will just calm down and give details about the issue... we might be able to expedite shooting it up the chain. But if you continue with the hostile attitude... we forum mods will have our hands tied.

I understand you're frustrated. But that doesn't give you a license to take it out on other forum users.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Sorry, I was doing what I was told to by Cryptic's game moderators. I have no idea what they needed me to post to the forum or as to why so I included everything and sent them the link to proceed with my ticket. BTW I did redact all personal identifiers before posting.

I know I came off strong to whoever I replied to but really this was never meant for them rather it's for whoever at Cryptic's staff this needed to get to; I've since edited my post to them. Is there any way of closing this to anyone that isn't involved with the issue?

As for the issue, well, it was in my OP but since that's been deleted guess I'll have to add it again. Purchased 5 packs of Fleet Krenim Researchers - Very Rare Quality Duty Officers from my Fleet Research Lab but never recieved the items.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    @metha#2537 Nah you were never told to post all your communication with support on the forum. But anyway your issue. What you never received the Doffs or you received Doffs of a lesser quality ie rare, common. If you mean NEVER check to see if you got an overflow bag. Your crew amount might be full and they have gone into your overflow. You might need to off load civilians, prisoners to make room.
  • Options
    They were never in overflow nor did they go to my roster and I did not receive any box in my inventory. I received nothing absolutely nothing. That is why I contacted support in game and went through all the little check this check that at which point they deemed it a bug and told me to post here.

Look I am just trying to escalate my issue with Cryptic, as I was told to do so by Cryptic, and not with random users. I get what you're all trying to do and I appreciate it but unless you're able to check logs and add things in game there's nothing you can do.
  • Options
    user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I feel your pain.

Just got told to make a Bug Report and my ticket was marked as Resolved... but it wasn't.

Game Master (in all of the games I ever played online) is a title for those who fix problems. Not passing them around for others to do their work.

Are they bots or something?

Just deleting my character with the problem because Cryptic clearly doesn't want to solve it.
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I feel your pain.

Just got told to make a Bug Report and my ticket was marked as Resolved... but it wasn't.

Game Master (in all of the games I ever played online) is a title for those who fix problems. Not passing them around for others to do their work.

Are they bots or something?

Just deleting my character with the problem because Cryptic clearly doesn't want to solve it.

They always mark things "solved" once they have replied to you, unless they are asking you for more info.

I personally think they need to come up with a different word for it, but....

Agreed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.