test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple Arc Accounts

This has probably been done to death over the years, but I am new to the forum even though I have been playing the game for many, many years.

I am aware that there are reasons why one person should not be allowed to have multiple accounts. (Frankly, I don't know how anyone would even be able to juggle all of that with Zen and all.) But I am wondering how to go to about allowing multiple users play from my house. My brother, girlfriend, and friend down the hall in my building are all interested in playing since recently when I started up a page about the game. There are a few problems though.

My girlfriend is not very computer savvy, and typically just logs on to whatever she is doing on my browser. I set her up with her own account on my PC, but she never seems to bother jumping over to her account (and I am getting fristrated at that, seeing my own browser settings getting tinkered with all the time.) So, if she chooses to set up an account for her own gameplay, will that put my own account in jeopardy? She even uses my bank card so if she were to give me cash for any Zen purchases, that could really gum up the works I think.

Second, both my brother and neighbor come to my place frequently to visit, and I sometimes head over to my brother's place as well. So, without getting into a whole proxy juggling contest, would we both be able to use the same IP address, especially at the same time? The same goes for my neighbor who has no internet of her own but has access to my WiFi setup.

What are the does, and don't of managing situations like this without triggering a ban? I am terminally ill, and Trek has really become the center focus of my day each day. I would really be at a loss if I got clipped with even a 30-day ban or something. So, so far, I have made the entire option off limits for the 3 people closest to me. But like I said, with my illness they seem to have taken more interest themselves, as I excitedly post new pictures, share tailers, and so forth on social media. I am also concerned because too often I wind up back in the hospital for a week or two here and there, and worry that someone else in the hospital may also be using the game.

Any advice, assistance, or warnings of worst-case scenarios would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Pretty sure you are allowed to use multiple accounts. Laughingtrendy even posted in archived post that your allowed to run 2 clients on same pc at same time. There is a player doing screenshots making characters the from series doing screenshots with more than 2, i dont think they care as long as you are not botting or exploiting. If you want to make more than character limit you are kind of forced to make more than one account and re-buy everything again. And what is against TOS is letting other people use your account. I dont know why but suspect it is to avoid selling accounts to other ppl or something.
    Multiple accounts one of those rules made for just like your case, If someone says its their brother or their girlfriend its almost impossible to disprove or prove so they allow it.
  • atomikg#2849 atomikg Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited September 2021
    [color=red] Spam post redacted - rattler [/color]
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • novemberyankeenovemberyankee Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Pretty sure you are allowed to use multiple accounts. Laughingtrendy even posted in archived post that your allowed to run 2 clients on same pc at same time. There is a player doing screenshots making characters the from series doing screenshots with more than 2, i dont think they care as long as you are not botting or exploiting. If you want to make more than character limit you are kind of forced to make more than one account and re-buy everything again. And what is against TOS is letting other people use your account. I dont know why but suspect it is to avoid selling accounts to other ppl or something.
    Multiple accounts one of those rules made for just like your case, If someone says its their brother or their girlfriend its almost impossible to disprove or prove so they allow it.

I was about to set them both up, but then I read how some guy's wife sold him a promo ship or something, and they both got shut down. Obviously, I would be interacting with my closest real-world peeps. So, I suppose some of that activity could be considered "exploit" depending on how they lock the rewards. .... I think maybe I will go ahead and let them use my router, just not my PC. Maybe that will help me dodge any flak. ... I dump a ton of money into the game anyway, so I am not looking to sell accounts or any sort of nonsense like that. Although, I am terminally ill, and I am most certainly leaving my password in my last will and testament.