test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clarification on Event Campaign 3's Reward please

marvelguy#2112 marvelguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi all,

Newbie here and first time poster.

I am about 2 weeks away from reaching the prize of Event Campaign 3. I thought I post this since I reckon everyone got their prizes by now. I read Event Campaign 3 reward carefully and I am a bit unclear on it since there are few info in conflict and given Cryptic's poorly proof reading. I would appreciate it if anyone confirm or correct my understanding about the reward, please.


A.) Premium T-6 (/Promo ship to some peopole) = Bound to Character when opened the ship box.

B.) Two x T6 ships discount for Zen Store = Bound to Account when purchased T-6 ship from zen store.

c.) 1,500 lobi - bound to account.

Did I get it right? Or not?

Thank you very much for correction/confirmation. :)

(PS English is not my native language. So I may misunderstand the description of reward's description on STO).

Comments

  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,398 Arc User
    That seems correct based on my understanding, the last event was either a T-6 discount token(s) or Lobi and it seems they just added the premium T-6 token this time and yes the T6 ship from the Zen Store should be bound to account as it's a normal Zen store ship just discounted by 100%
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,066 Arc User
    That's correct, i'm just 4 days away from the same, to finally get the Valkis (with my luck, the 29th century pack will be in the Mudd store the moment i get the prize)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    The ship in A can be either an Infinity T6 Promo ship or Infinity T6 Lockbox ship that was released before 2021. (The promo ships come from R&D packs or duty officer packs during special events, like the flash sale two weeks ago.) The newest ships, like the Courage and Mars class are not eligible. Promo ships I think are a bit harder to get, so most who pick A I would expect to get a promo ship rather then a lockbox ship, unless there is a specific ship they really want. Multiple Constitution class ships and D7s are among the possible ships you can get. I will be getting an Inquiry when I can.

    You can see lists of the possible ships you can get here:
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Event_Campaign_III_Prize:_Premium_T6_Starship_Choice
    (On the blue bars on the page, you can swap between the Lockbox ships and the Promo ships. There are pics of the various ships at the bottom of the page, with it's own blue bar to swap between Lockbox and Promo.)
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,236 Arc User
    edited August 28
    Just a quick clarification...

    option B is, in fact, two free "account unlock" T6 ship purchases from zen store. This is slightly different than "bound to account", because with "bound to account" items, you still only get one copy but can transfer via account bank. With "account unlock", however, each character you have can have the item simultaneously if you like... they simply claim it directly from the store at will.

    If you are a newer player, and play more than one character regularly, B is by far the best option.

    However, some players like to only play one character, in that case A or C might be a better choice because the "account unlock" ability doesn't matter to you.

    Also, some older players may already have purchased all of the ships they desire from the zen store, in which case they have no use for option B and would be best advised to choose either A or C.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    Being I've played pretty regularly over the past 11 years that besides the Anniversary 10 pack and the T'liss theres like only maybe 3-4 ships I would want and they all come from those. So I'll probably just leave it unclaimed and see if it disappears because there's nothing in those choices that I would want that I don't already have.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,236 Arc User
    edited August 28
    Being I've played pretty regularly over the past 11 years that besides the Anniversary 10 pack and the T'liss theres like only maybe 3-4 ships I would want and they all come from those. So I'll probably just leave it unclaimed and see if it disappears because there's nothing in those choices that I would want that I don't already have.

    Being in that same situation pretty much, I'm planning to take the lobi, because I can use that in pieces for ground equipment, consoles, etc. rather than getting ships at all.

    However... if a newer player is multi-character AND doesn't have some of the top five or six Zen ships (Arbiter, Narendra, Gagarin, a few others... in no particular order... or factional equivalencies of them), grabbing two of those is by far the better deal compared to one promo/lockbox ship for one character, or the stack of lobi option (which if you go for ships and are patient, could mean three ships (if you hit a 50% off lobi sale so ships would reduce to 450), but still single character purchases).
  • marvelguy#2112 marvelguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 29
    Hi all,

    THank you so much for your clarifications! It helps me to understand the reward more clearer! :D Thanks again!

    I have got one more question to ask you guys and girls about this.

    Once you claim the reward, will you still be able to play remaining event campaign to pick up daily progress for next event campaign (if there is one next year)? Is it something known as legacy progress or not (like legacy progress is completely different matter)?

    Thanks again!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 54,633 Community Moderator
    In the famous words of a Youtuber...
    You ask, we answer.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,236 Arc User
    edited August 29
    Hi all,

    THank you so much for your clarifications! It helps me to understand the reward more clearer! :D Thanks again!

    I have got one more question to ask you guys and girls about this.

    Once you claim the reward, will you still be able to play remaining event campaign to pick up daily progress for next event campaign (if there is one next year)? Is it something known as legacy progress or not (like legacy progress is completely different matter)?

    Thanks again!

    There is no carryover from one campaign to the next (if there is one)... the additional days of progress are simply lost.

    However you can still earn toward the individual events that make up the campaign (and get the dilithium reward for extra days after completing those).

    Legacy progress is no longer earnable - used to be tokens you would get for the extra days before the dilithium reward was created to replace.
  • vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    hmmm..... i did not pay attention at all, just grabbed what i had in mind.
  • lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 29
    [deleted by author]
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,236 Arc User
    edited August 29
    lokharno wrote: »
    Well... according to the tooltip -- and tooltips are always right, right? -- the Event Campaign III Prize: Premium T6 Starship Choice is "Character Bind of Pickup", but "The starship chosen from this pack will be Bound to Account." So, if this is true, the choice box is character bound, but the ship, once chosen, is account bound. Or the tooltip is just wrong.

    I believe that after you choose a ship, it's packaged in another box, which you then have to open in order to actually put the ship into your ship roster.

    The second box may indeed be bound to account.

    But that would just allow transferring it once, before opening it. Not transferring a used ship.
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Wait, the T6 promo isn't account bound? I specifically read it was when I decided to go ahead and selected it as the option. I got the Atlas Dreadnought thinking I would be able to unlock it on my other characters.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,236 Arc User
    edited September 11
    athan#5519 wrote: »
    Wait, the T6 promo isn't account bound? I specifically read it was when I decided to go ahead and selected it as the option. I got the Atlas Dreadnought thinking I would be able to unlock it on my other characters.

    Som is correct... though this might need a bit more explaining.

    The ship comes in a delivery box. That box is account bound.

    "Account Bound" simply means that the item (in this case the ship delivery box) can be placed in your account bank, and thus transferred to one of your other characters.

    However, you can still only open the delivery box once.

    What you are apparently thinking of is "account unlock"... which means that you can unlimitedly reclaim the ship (or other item)... that however only works for non-consumable items (ships, BOFFs, consoles, kit modules, special weapons, etc) that are in the Zen store, the Event Reclaim menu, the Temporal Agent menu, or the console that distributes the lifetime-sub EV suits and fireworks.

    The only campaign reward choice that is "account unlock" is the T6 store ship coupons (technically the coupons aren't unlocks themselves, but the ship you purchase with them is).
    Post edited by westmetals on
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,522 Arc User
    I suggest taking whatever reward you pick to Tribble to determine which reward is the best fit. You could even have a character with all of the Promo ships or Lobi Ships on Tribble if you want. Just keep on copying the same character over to Tribble and put each box in the Account Bank.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,367 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Hi all,

    THank you so much for your clarifications! It helps me to understand the reward more clearer! :D Thanks again!

    I have got one more question to ask you guys and girls about this.

    Once you claim the reward, will you still be able to play remaining event campaign to pick up daily progress for next event campaign (if there is one next year)? Is it something known as legacy progress or not (like legacy progress is completely different matter)?

    Thanks again!

    There is no carryover from one campaign to the next (if there is one)... the additional days of progress are simply lost.


    This behooves some clarification. While you can't collect your +50 Daily points beyond the duration the Event is running, you can, however, indeed collect +50 for every day you're playing during the Event when you have already grabbed the reward. This helps, of course.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,236 Arc User
    edited September 11
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    Hi all,

    THank you so much for your clarifications! It helps me to understand the reward more clearer! :D Thanks again!

    I have got one more question to ask you guys and girls about this.

    Once you claim the reward, will you still be able to play remaining event campaign to pick up daily progress for next event campaign (if there is one next year)? Is it something known as legacy progress or not (like legacy progress is completely different matter)?

    Thanks again!

    There is no carryover from one campaign to the next (if there is one)... the additional days of progress are simply lost.


    This behooves some clarification. While you can't collect your +50 Daily points beyond the duration the Event is running, you can, however, indeed collect +50 for every day you're playing during the Event when you have already grabbed the reward. This helps, of course.

    Only if you misread what I said AND the post I was directly replying to.

    The previous poster was asking if you could earn extra progress (that would be used toward the next campaign) after earning the campaign #3 reward.

    I said there's no carryover from one campaign to the next... as in, after completing campaign #3, you cannot earn progress now and use it toward campaign #4 (if and when that takes place). Excess campaign progress is simply lost.

    Neither of us was referring to the individual events. (You are correct about those... but that is not a clarification of my previous comment.)
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    What you are apparently thinking of is "account unlock"... which means that you can unlimitedly reclaim the ship (or other item)... that however only works for non-consumable items (ships, BOFFs, consoles, kit modules, special weapons, etc) that are in the Zen store, the Event Reclaim menu, the Temporal Agent menu, or the console that distributes the lifetime-sub EV suits and fireworks.

    The only campaign reward choice that is "account unlock" is the T6 store ship coupons (technically the coupons aren't unlocks themselves, but the ship you purchase with them is).

    Thank you, I really wish I checked for more clarification, "account unlock" is exactly what I got confused it was.
Sign In or Register to comment.