test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clarification on Event Campaign 3's Reward please

marvelguy#2112 marvelguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi all,

Newbie here and first time poster.

I am about 2 weeks away from reaching the prize of Event Campaign 3. I thought I post this since I reckon everyone got their prizes by now. I read Event Campaign 3 reward carefully and I am a bit unclear on it since there are few info in conflict and given Cryptic's poorly proof reading. I would appreciate it if anyone confirm or correct my understanding about the reward, please.

A.) Premium T-6 (/Promo ship to some peopole) = Bound to Character when opened the ship box.

B.) Two x T6 ships discount for Zen Store = Bound to Account when purchased T-6 ship from zen store.

c.) 1,500 lobi - bound to account.

Did I get it right? Or not?

Thank you very much for correction/confirmation. :)

(PS English is not my native language. So I may misunderstand the description of reward's description on STO).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    That seems correct based on my understanding, the last event was either a T-6 discount token(s) or Lobi and it seems they just added the premium T-6 token this time and yes the T6 ship from the Zen Store should be bound to account as it's a normal Zen store ship just discounted by 100%
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    That's correct, i'm just 4 days away from the same, to finally get the Valkis (with my luck, the 29th century pack will be in the Mudd store the moment i get the prize)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    The ship in A can be either an Infinity T6 Promo ship or Infinity T6 Lockbox ship that was released before 2021. (The promo ships come from R&D packs or duty officer packs during special events, like the flash sale two weeks ago.) The newest ships, like the Courage and Mars class are not eligible. Promo ships I think are a bit harder to get, so most who pick A I would expect to get a promo ship rather then a lockbox ship, unless there is a specific ship they really want. Multiple Constitution class ships and D7s are among the possible ships you can get. I will be getting an Inquiry when I can.

You can see lists of the possible ships you can get here:
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Event_Campaign_III_Prize:_Premium_T6_Starship_Choice
    (On the blue bars on the page, you can swap between the Lockbox ships and the Promo ships. There are pics of the various ships at the bottom of the page, with it's own blue bar to swap between Lockbox and Promo.)
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Being I've played pretty regularly over the past 11 years that besides the Anniversary 10 pack and the T'liss theres like only maybe 3-4 ships I would want and they all come from those. So I'll probably just leave it unclaimed and see if it disappears because there's nothing in those choices that I would want that I don't already have.
  • marvelguy#2112 marvelguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Hi all,

THank you so much for your clarifications! It helps me to understand the reward more clearer! :D Thanks again!

I have got one more question to ask you guys and girls about this.

Once you claim the reward, will you still be able to play remaining event campaign to pick up daily progress for next event campaign (if there is one next year)? Is it something known as legacy progress or not (like legacy progress is completely different matter)?

Thanks again!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    In the famous words of a Youtuber...
    You ask, we answer.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    hmmm..... i did not pay attention at all, just grabbed what i had in mind.
  • lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    [deleted by author]
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Wait, the T6 promo isn't account bound? I specifically read it was when I decided to go ahead and selected it as the option. I got the Atlas Dreadnought thinking I would be able to unlock it on my other characters.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I suggest taking whatever reward you pick to Tribble to determine which reward is the best fit. You could even have a character with all of the Promo ships or Lobi Ships on Tribble if you want. Just keep on copying the same character over to Tribble and put each box in the Account Bank.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Hi all,

THank you so much for your clarifications! It helps me to understand the reward more clearer! :D Thanks again!

I have got one more question to ask you guys and girls about this.

Once you claim the reward, will you still be able to play remaining event campaign to pick up daily progress for next event campaign (if there is one next year)? Is it something known as legacy progress or not (like legacy progress is completely different matter)?

Thanks again!

There is no carryover from one campaign to the next (if there is one)... the additional days of progress are simply lost.

This behooves some clarification. While you can't collect your +50 Daily points beyond the duration the Event is running, you can, however, indeed collect +50 for every day you're playing during the Event when you have already grabbed the reward. This helps, of course.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    What you are apparently thinking of is "account unlock"... which means that you can unlimitedly reclaim the ship (or other item)... that however only works for non-consumable items (ships, BOFFs, consoles, kit modules, special weapons, etc) that are in the Zen store, the Event Reclaim menu, the Temporal Agent menu, or the console that distributes the lifetime-sub EV suits and fireworks.

The only campaign reward choice that is "account unlock" is the T6 store ship coupons (technically the coupons aren't unlocks themselves, but the ship you purchase with them is).

Thank you, I really wish I checked for more clarification, "account unlock" is exactly what I got confused it was.
This discussion has been closed.