test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium exchange...unable to sell dilithium?

2»

Comments

• Options
    admiralmedea1admiralmedea1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    just add more zen 2 the xchange like the fed reserve prints more money. Also bring back the Zen,
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,990 Arc User
    it was mentioned by sea...

something about the dil prizes for continuing the events...

for me, a non dill millionare like some people, i like it. it allows me the ability to gain dil in a larger amount. i use my dil, often to the point i need to build up again. guess i dont play the game like it seems most do.

Players that farmed dil enthusiastically through admiralty and other means have mentioned what they earned per day. Those were some pretty amazing numbers.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    just add more zen 2 the xchange like the fed reserve prints more money. Also bring back the Zen,

They won't do that. That is asking them to basically bleed money.

"Zen" isn't real money. There wouldn't be much impact in doing quantitative easing until the Dil to Zen ratio is low enough that it's extremely easy to get Zen to where mid-tier payers start swapping to doing that entirely instead of buying Zen with cash. I suspect the only reason they haven't done that recently is that the only mechanism I know they have to do it is to generate card codes and then have an employee sit there and list the Zen manually.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    "Zen" isn't real money. There wouldn't be much impact in doing quantitative easing until the Dil to Zen ratio is low enough that it's extremely easy to get Zen to where mid-tier payers start swapping to doing that entirely instead of buying Zen with cash. I suspect the only reason they haven't done that recently is that the only mechanism I know they have to do it is to generate card codes and then have an employee sit there and list the Zen manually.
    Zen is an in-game currency bought using real money. Just adding Zen into the market is losing them money they would have gained via normal Zen sales.

Aka, its literally just giving zen, and anything bought with it, for free. Which.... they aren't going to do because that doesn't solve the problem.

Mostly, but not exactly. It reduces demand for zen. But that's not exactly a 'good' way to address the imbalance between dilithium and zen, either. Of course, all the other ways to address that imbalance will cost them money *no matter what* because it's man hours being spent to come up with, implement, and test each idea -- man hours that won't be spent doing other things.

Good point, both quantitative easing and just fixing the rate to the game itself are rather rough options. However, one will keep more casual grinders grinding for a while in the former and kinda always in the latter, all for a one time workload. One and done versus constantly chipping away at the issue by figuring out 'sinks' to get whales they're already extracting money directly from (I.E. the large unbreakable packs) to indirectly spend money to get resources from other players.
  • Options
    That's why we need new ways to spend it: to entice those people to start selling their zen to get dilithium again.

Newer players should have lots of things to spend dilithium on just as those people did. STO: TNG
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    That's why we need new ways to spend it: to entice those people to start selling their zen to get dilithium again.

Newer players should have lots of things to spend dilithium on just as those people did. STO: TNG
    Unless they are trying to build a new fleet up I kinda doubt they would, and most new people with those kinds of ambitions probably see the time and investment necessary and opt to join an established fleet instead.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    protoneous wrote: »

Unless they are trying to build a new fleet up I kinda doubt they would, and most new people with those kinds of ambitions probably see the time and investment necessary and opt to join an established fleet instead.
    Without a next generation I'm not sure if balance will be easy to achieve.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    First, this is a very interesting economic debate that has sprung up here, but what we are seeing is a very simple example of inflation. The question remains: Is Cryptic going to do anything about this? The answer is, presumably, no, but that begs another question: Why bother even having the screen for selling dilithium anymore if it is, effectively, obsolete. I would point out that not being able to sell dilithium actually contributes to its lack of worth - Zen is just one more thing you cannot buy with Dilithium - one more lack of value, and one more reason to have a carp-ton of it with nothing to do with it. Better to let inflation run its course and let the value for one Zen shoot up to 1k or 10k or whatever dilithium. That, actually, would be a great way to take a lot of dilithium out of circulation and, essentially, "prime the pump."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Sorry guys... but this is a zombie.
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.