test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Viral Impulse Burst not cleansed by Extend Secondary Shields

kaelgorkaelgor Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Was doing a Peril over Pahvo space STF, and as usual I got too close to the Mokai battleships and got hit by Viral Impulse Burst. However, to my complete surprise, using the Extend Secondary Shields console ability, which has the effect of cleansing 1 debuff and 1 hazard effect every 3 seconds according to the ability text (in addition to providing Secondary Shields), did not cleanse the Viral Impulse Burst debuff, despite the fact that VIB is considered an Intel and an Engineering debuff. Instead, ESS kept going and showed no sign of removing VIB, and the VIB debuff continued until its timer expired 5 seconds later. So my conclusion is either VIB and other Intel debuffs are considered a special debuff, which can only be removed with Engineering Team or the other two core BOFF Team abilities (and not by Intel team or ESS), or Extend Secondary Shields isn't cleansing any debuffs, and only works on Hazard effects. Considering I have not seen the debuffs from Evade Target Lock or Override Subsystem Safeties get cleansed by Extend Secondary Shields, I'm wondering if the game text for the ESS is incorrect, in that it does not cleanse debuffs, and instead only applies to hazard effects.

Comments

• Options
    joarth72joarth72 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    REAL DISCUSSION : can STO cancel the ''viral impulse burst II '' coz its very useless to be honest it keeps automatic speed off just by one hit from one single enemy ship not ships , even im using the engineer repair it only stops once but next again it automatic speed off again its been over 9 months and still going on , almost every tyoe of ships im using its still has the impulse burst II , it is frustrating , i have to apologize if anyone reading this think im ranting but hope you all understand how im feeling if not you have to try it yourselves , it is getting annoying , im attacking the enemy ship and just speed off drag me away fro my target , everytime not sometime , can anyone i can talk get in touch here , if the engineer repair cant help much what other options i can use to play the game smoothly , i cany just keep paying hundreds to buy ships and stuffs but i cant play or use the ship i just bought smoothly , i sincerely apologize but it is getting worst as it a bug , hope i can get some reply many thinks