test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warning about Event Campaign progress and TFO map timer

tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
Noticed this in the last event that counted for Campaign III and confirmed it again today.

When you complete a TFO for the event, there are 2 separate timers that start running. One is a 5 minute timer to choose a reward. The other is a 2 or 3 minute timer for when the map closes.

Choosing a reward will give credit for the Pahvo event (as long as you have it available for the day, of course), but if it is not chosen within the 2 or 3 minutes of the MAP timer, you will NOT get the 50 points of progress toward the campaign. You can't get it by running another TFO, either. You will need to wait for the next day.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    Noticed this in the last event that counted for Campaign III and confirmed it again today.

When you complete a TFO for the event, there are 2 separate timers that start running. One is a 5 minute timer to choose a reward. The other is a 2 or 3 minute timer for when the map closes.

Choosing a reward will give credit for the Pahvo event (as long as you have it available for the day, of course), but if it is not chosen within the 2 or 3 minutes of the MAP timer, you will NOT get the 50 points of progress toward the campaign. You can't get it by running another TFO, either. You will need to wait for the next day.

The previous event segment had the same problem, I wonder if it will be a permanent bug.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User

The previous event segment had the same problem, I wonder if it will be a permanent bug.

Maybe? It might have always been this way and I just did not notice until the previous event.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Possible bug, or intentional to deal with AFKers leeching?
    Don't know honestly. First I heard of it. I just theorized about the leeching thing. I can check with darkblade on any reports of this, and maybe pass it along if it does sound like a bug.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Possible bug, or intentional to deal with AFKers leeching?
    Don't know honestly. First I heard of it. I just theorized about the leeching thing. I can check with darkblade on any reports of this, and maybe pass it along if it does sound like a bug.

Thanks. You might find reports of this from the Tholian event as well (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13668244). And there were some comments indicating it may have been happening for a while before that.

One theory the last time was that it had to do with leaving the map before choosing a reward, so I tested that. As long as the reward was chosen before the map timer would have hit zero, the campaign event still received the progress.

Obviously I don't want to test this too often because I do want to get the campaign reward, but if it would help for a developer to check my account when it happens, I can offer to sacrifice another 50 points to the cause.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Thanks. You might find reports of this from the Tholian event as well (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13668244). And there were some comments indicating it may have been happening for a while before that.

One theory the last time was that it had to do with leaving the map before choosing a reward, so I tested that. As long as the reward was chosen before the map timer would have hit zero, the campaign event still received the progress.

Obviously I don't want to test this too often because I do want to get the campaign reward, but if it would help for a developer to check my account when it happens, I can offer to sacrifice another 50 points to the cause.

While I'm not the Bug Hunter Mod, I will tag @darkbladejk to pass it along.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited July 2021
    No need to sacrifice your progress, just keep doing your thing. I've passed this up to the team.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.