test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer event question

evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
I typically hate, no DESPISE, minigames in MMOs, and because of that I've never participated in any of the Summer or Winter events. I was hoping they'd include at least one queue this year, but since they didn't I figured I'd ask one question: What is the easiest minigame to do for event credit? I tried to do some race once years ago but I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on, so I left Risa and have never once visited it again on any character. I play this game for space combat, not annoying minigames ... I know some people love them and that's great, but I just can't stand them.
Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
eaY7Xxu.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    The daily "Flying High" (started on with the NPC on the dock). You need to own or rent a floater (nearby NPC sells/rents them). Takes less than 5 minutes, I usually finish in less than 3 minutes with a top floater.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    The jet pack "fly through the gates" event (flying high?) given out by the woman at the end of the boardwalk.

It's solo, you just spend time flying along glowing paths in the air. Easy. Once you do 3 of them you transport back to the beam-in site and turn it in.

You can get a cheap rental jetpack from the equipment seller in the stand next to the woman.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Yea. Flying High is the easiest. Literally just need a floater.
    I will point out that switching to shooter mode while using the floater does give you more control as well. Higher end floaters don't drift as much and are faster.

I'd start a Summer Tips and Tricks thread like I do for winter, but... there really aren't as many tips and tricks for summer since its far more laid back than winter.

Only other tip I can give is to pin your emote menu and scroll it to the dances for the dance party. point, click, wait for next dance callout. At least they are all stock dances.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    In case it helps, this video shows the full sequence including renting a jetpack (The video from 0:00 - 1:24 is just loading screens and such):

https://youtu.be/1YwJ8y6egWc?t=85
  • Options
    While true... Flying High can almost be done without even clicking once you get going. If you're good at handling your floater all you need is "autorun", shooter mode, and your mouse. Might also depend on the tracks it gives you as some might need manual control over the throttle more than others.

Either way... both are easy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The dance seemed easy enough, I'll probably do that one to get the ship. Here's another question though, the character I did it on still has forty of the 2015 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers in her inventory, is there anything those can be used on now or should I just delete them? Talking about these: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Lohlunat_Prize_Voucher
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Flying High and the Dance Contest are by far the easiest.

Flying High is the quickest, and it can be done as soon as your daily cooldown is over. The Dance contest takes like 10 minutes.. but it's 10 minutes of just clicking an emote every 20 seconds. The only downside of the Dance Contest, is you have to wait for it to start, flying high you can do on your own schedule.

As for the Vouchers, not sure what you can do with those.. I thought you could trade them in for something, but it's been a minute and I honestly don't remember. I would say poke around in the event store and see if you can find something you can trade them in on.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I can actually ask Kael about old event vouchers still floating around if you'd like @evilmark444
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,526 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I can actually ask Kael about old event vouchers still floating around if you'd like @evilmark444

I would be interested in the answer to that question too.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I always do Flying High because it's the quickest and I can do it when I want to. It's very easy in Shooter Mode, takes me less than five minutes.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options

Sure, thanks!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    The Artifact Hunt can be quite quick and doesn't require a floater/board, but it does require some basic understanding of triangulation and a general idea of the dig site locations and island geography.

I think echoing the already given suggestions is probably the best course for someone in your situation:
    Flying High is quick and trivial, but requires a floater(rental or otherwise).
    Dancing doesn't require gear, or even positional movement, but it is a schedule-event/not always available and can be tedious to just sit there and play Simon Says for roughly the duration of an entire TFO.

I'm.. not sure if the sandcastle minigame gives you daily credit or not.. haven't done that in ages. It might be a good alternative if it does/is still a thing.
  • Options
    @evilmark444
    I've got... something.
    MIGHT be able to right click on the vouchers and have an option to open a conversion store menu or something like that. If that isn't there... then yea you might be SOL on those old vouchers.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    It should be noted that although Artifact Hunt is a scheduled event, you can do it when not scheduled, it's just that if you turn it in during the schedule time you get a higher reward. The event credit is also given at time of turn-in. And it has a fairly short cooldown, so you could theoretically do it, turn it in, redo it as soon as cooldown expires (but NOT turn it in), then log off the character and then log them back the next day after the event 20 hrs runs out to turn it in....

I actually do exactly that; 5 characters set up to run the horga hunt; 5 to pre-run the artifact hunt for mass hand-in twice per cycle. It's let me effectively double my lohlunat favor income(roughly 1k favors per 1.5 hours). I'm sure you could go even crazier with more characters for the artifact cycles, but I like the 15 minute cooldown breaks.

That said, I kind of wish the events were setup so you could just repeatedly run them on a single character for the duration of each mini-event. It would seriously cut down on the login server/character select spam.
  • Options
    I've got... something.
    MIGHT be able to right click on the vouchers and have an option to open a conversion store menu or something like that.
    Thanks for checking, but I just got the usual options from right-clicking them:
    aEK0IYu.png
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I would definitely recommend flying high if you just want the daily credit for the ship. Fast, easy, and doesn't rely on a global timer. That being said, I actually find the Risa games pretty fun, which is unusual. I don't normally like grinding for things, but I am somehow OK grinding for lohlunat favors. And they give fun rewards, and (eventually) good EC on the exchange.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    I seem to remember that was announced as a limited time option during the year that dated vouchers were discontinued, and that since then they have been worthless.

One of the other mods said as much when I asked Kael.

So... I guess all that can be done with them now is to just toss 'em unless there's something in the event store itself. Only other thing I can think of but again... it might have just been a limited time thing and we're beyond that.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    I remember missing out on my first Risa event because I couldn't figure out how to fly...

If that's a problem, I definitely recommend the dance party. You can click the emoji icon and pin it open. Scroll down to the dances and then just click the one announced while you stand there. It will take you 12ish minutes to complete, but requires little to no skill...

Time-wise, the daily Flying High is the fastest...

My $0.02

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.