test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Recruit - Possible Changes

captainrebel78#5049 captainrebel78 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
It has been said that the Temporal Recruit may happen later this year or early next year. It has also been said that updates to the Temporal Recruit are being done as well. What I am wondering at this point is if the TOS "faction" will include the Alien race? Without looking to cause an argument or be shredded for asking: the introduction of Discovery being before TOS in the timeline would behoove one to think that the Alien race should be included as a character option for new TOS toons if the Temporal Recruit event is ran. As the events of Discovery take place in 2255 (almost 10 years before TOS): we see many races on Discovery that were not a part of TOS. Given that CBS has stated that Discovery is considered canon: shouldn't the Alien race be available for new TOS toons? While I am grateful for the work that is being done to bring back the Temporal Recruit event: I am just wondering if anyone has heard what the changes are and if there is a possibility that the Alien race is included this time. Yes, I am aware that Discovery in reference to The Original Series is a touchy subject for many: I have posed this question just to get an idea of how to plan ahead for the Temporal Recruit (not looking to debate what is/what isn't canon or be the target of rant regarding either). I said that as I was advised to post that disclaimer in an attempt to not become the target of derogatory comments that have been experienced from previous posts on different subjects. HELPFUL information would be most appreciated.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    Yes it would be nice if Alien's were allowed as a Race from TOS Characters, because your logic is sound why should it be allowed for Discovery and not TOS being 10 years before.

Yet when TOS originally released in 2015-2016 it was also mostly limited to the founding core members of the Federation, yet as you say Discovery re-writing history with far more Alien species earlier on. But many like Saru you can't even play as a Discovery character... ...and were still waiting for Discovery Andorians. :o

Can't say for certain, still I don't think it will change... ...but be nice if they did.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I would like to see a 23c alien tab in TOS chargen too, but I doubt if they are working on it (it would be a nice surprise if I am wrong about this though).

What little information they have given out so far seems to be that they are scrambling to get enough scenarios polished up and linked to it to replace the ones which have been pulled since AoY was run. I sincerely hope that Spectres is one of them since it is the only arc that is more than just a brief cameo into TOS once the character gets to 2409, but I am expecting to be disappointed on that one since the devs don't seem to want to bother with it or any of the others relegated to the "availible" tab.

The Genesis package timing also possibly hints that they may be working on a few (probably movie era rather than TOS or TAS) ships to coincide with the next run of AoY but that is a really out on a limb guess.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Caitians have a much higher chance at being added to TOS than Aliens, the Caitians have been part of the Federation since the 23rd century, sure there's M'ress from TAS but we also got some live action ones in the TOS movies.
  • Options
    Caitians have a much higher chance at being added to TOS than Aliens, the Caitians have been part of the Federation since the 23rd century, sure there's M'ress from TAS but we also got some live action ones in the TOS movies.

Aliens were in TOS since the second or third episode (starting with Fesarians).
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone!!! Guess we will just wait and see what they have in store for us. :-)
  • Options
    thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Your logic is fine but I suspect the changes will be limited to fixing up the tutorial missions and adjusting the goals to make them all achievable in the current mission set.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    What I'd love to see would be some gear sets with the 23c aesthetic. My Connie has no set weapons because they all look and sound wrong. My BOFFS and I get only the two-piece set bonuses for ground gear for the same reasons.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    One can hope I suppose. 23c aesthetic weapons would be awesome!! Not have a "blue" omni-directional phaser beam array is a bummer when doing complete TOS themed builds. I know you can get one from the shuttle in the "23rd Century Bundle" but, as far as I know: that beam weapon is not upgradable or able to be reengineered. Would be nice to be able to build a complete TOS themed character without having to compromise on the look of both ground and ship builds.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    It is rather weird that there are no 23rd century omni beams at K-13, especially since phaser canons were really not a thing until the movie era, and the TOS Enterprise had those track phasers that ran around the ventral sensor dome ring which would qualify as omnis.

Something else that would be great would be if they rolled the T5 23rd century ship costumes into their T6 temporal counterparts (like the Ranger parts for the Paladin) which would make 23rd century ships more available to AoY captains since it would only be one ship to buy, not two. I highly doubt if Cryptic would do it though.
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    An omni beam would be awesome. For what's it worth I'd wish for that. A full TOS set would be amazing. I have a themed captain I'd like to complete visually but I'm still working on the boff 23c abilities and crew
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Id also like those Klingon ships we saw in Aoy be playable. Also, a t6 Utility Cruiser would rock...that thing is so cute.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    more missions in the TOS era would be cool, the TOS atmosphere is special and unique.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Honestly I wish they did AOY in the movie timeline post TWOK, I much prefer the movie styles post TWOK of the technology, ships and costumes over the original TOS styles.

Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    more missions in the TOS era would be cool, the TOS atmosphere is special and unique.

Same here.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    > @sennahcherib said:
    > more missions in the TOS era would be cool, the TOS atmosphere is special and unique.

I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    may be they will just have a TOS and a DISCO option. and a Strang new world.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Caitians.... PLEASE add Caitians to the list of playables...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    i think part of the no caitians is that the caitians are c-store. if i were new, was choosing my character, and awww Kitty! wait, I have to BUY it? that might leave a bad taste min my mouth. on the other hand SWTOR does exactly that...
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    I attempted to inquire about possible changes during a STO Live Stream; but, didn't get a response. Back to the wanting game. I have decided though that when the Temporal Recruit does happen: I will make a recruit toon. However, he will probably only be played to complete the recruiting tasks. After that, he will be retired to be a "banking toon."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    zzzspina01 wrote: »

They won't make an "era" for each show. SNW would still fall under Discovery era.
    Id also like those Klingon ships we saw in Aoy be playable. Also, a t6 Utility Cruiser would rock...that thing is so cute.

When they were talking about the T6 Malachouski they did bring up the Pioneer, and the possibility of somehow making her compatible with the Miranda line. So it is possible we may see a T6 Pioneer in the future.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing that TOS raptor playable. We already got the battleship, which is a counterpart to the Fed Atlas and Romulan Thrai. Don't think we saw a TOS BoP though. Think it was just D7s, the D5 Raptors and D9 Dreads.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    zzzspina01 wrote: »

They won't make an "era" for each show. SNW would still fall under Discovery era.

When they were talking about the T6 Malachouski they did bring up the Pioneer, and the possibility of somehow making her compatible with the Miranda line. So it is possible we may see a T6 Pioneer in the future.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing that TOS raptor playable. We already got the battleship, which is a counterpart to the Fed Atlas and Romulan Thrai. Don't think we saw a TOS BoP though. Think it was just D7s, the D5 Raptors and D9 Dreads.

The T'Liss is the TOS Bird of Prey.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator

I was implying KLINGON BoP. I don't remember seeing a TOSified Klingon BoP. Just the Raptor and TOS Negh'Var.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

I was implying KLINGON BoP. I don't remember seeing a TOSified Klingon BoP. Just the Raptor and TOS Negh'Var.

The ENT era one looked similar to the B'rel mostly
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.