test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: The requested operation requires elevation.

I have been having issues connecting and have been trying numerous suggestions as per this very forum and have tried running star trek online.exe directly and get the error: Unable to start game client: The requested operation requires elevation. after the connecting to account server.

Otherwise I get a blank screen with blue circle and have to open task manager to close the non responding process.

Could this be the cause of the current issues?

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Can say more details about your PC, I could get in just fine so it's not a universal issue but rather something related to your specific specs.

9TuREW1.jpg
    (just to prove that yes I did in fact get in-game and I'm not lying about it).
  • Options
    xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    vee#6157 wrote: »
    I have been having issues connecting and have been trying numerous suggestions as per this very forum and have tried running star trek online.exe directly and get the error: Unable to start game client: The requested operation requires elevation. after the connecting to account server.

Otherwise I get a blank screen with blue circle and have to open task manager to close the non responding process.

Could this be the cause of the current issues?

I am guessing that you set the STO client to run in administrator mode? If so, you will also need to set the launcher to run in administrator mode. Both files should be set to administrator for the game to attempt to run. I did that, but I still get the blue circle load freeze, and black screen when the game tries to run.
  • Options
    vee#6157 vee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Can say more details about your PC, I could get in just fine so it's not a universal issue but rather something related to your specific specs.

9TuREW1.jpg
    (just to prove that yes I did in fact get in-game and I'm not lying about it).

I would type it out but please check out the build here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/BWM8TW

It is more than sufficient to run STO, oh the gfx card has been upgraded to a GTX 1070 Ti :)
  • Options
    Well it's less about specs not being enough (you can pretty much run STO on a calculator) and more if there's something in your PC that's causing a conflict.
  • Options
    vee#6157 vee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well it's less about specs not being enough (you can pretty much run STO on a calculator) and more if there's something in your PC that's causing a conflict.

It's a complete fresh install as of yesterday/day before hahahahaha
  • Options
    vee#6157 wrote: »

It's a complete fresh install as of yesterday/day before hahahahaha

All that says is that it's probably not a corrupted file that's causing, it doesn't tell us if there's unintended interaction with some program on your PC and STO, that's preventing STO from working.

That or some setting that's preventing STO from working, these things are often high complex and the problem isn't always in the obvious place. The fact that I can boot up STO just fine tells us that there's no fatal bug in the client itself (or at least no bug that would prevent it from working by itself).