test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

System-specific graphics settings issue

For some reason, a couple updates ago, most of 'bloom' or 'glow' visual effects were connected to the Cinematic Focus graphics toggle. When I turn this option off (which I do, because I loathe all fake depth of field effects in every game that has ever tried it, and they're GPU hogs for nothing of value added), anything that 'glows' in the game disappears. Sparkles, weapons fire, wormholes, etc. They stop rendering entirely. It doesn't matter what I do with any of the other graphics settings -- if I toggle Cinematic Focus off, they disappear, and immediately reappear when it turn it back on. Note: this is with Lighting 2.0 active. With 2.0 disabled, turning on Post Processing will also cause all glow effects to disappear.

Now, I've tested similar graphics options on another system, and it is specific to my (older) gaming computer. Before the update, I could have Cinematic Focus disabled without issue. Now the game is almost unplayable without it, since all manner of critical visual feedback is invisible.

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    They acknowledged there was a problem back on May 25th. When it gets fixed is anyone's guess.