test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen set buffs

legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
So, now that we're starting to get some variation on things doing cold damage...can we get a cold damage buff on the Breen set, since the Breen are all about the cold? And maybe do something with the otherwise useless energy siphon clicky the set gives - like, reduce it to a 1m CD and attach it to the deflector instead of being granted via the 3-piece bonus, make the 2-piece cut its CD to 30 seconds in addition to its current bonuses, the 3-piece double its base drain strength and the 4-piece make it a multi-target siphon - like, within 4-5 km.

Also, that would also be a good opportunity to fix the long-broken transphasic projectile damage buff on the 2-piece bonus.​​
Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
"We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
Passion and Serenity are one.
I gain power by understanding both.
In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
The Force is united within me.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    good ideas all
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    It's one console that boosts cold damage, and to my knowledge there are only 4 abilities that do cold damage and the console itself is one of them

They prefer you to pay for the boosts...electrical damage is more prevalent and in a year and a half we still only have one console that boosts it and it's on a promo ship. As long as the Devs take a money is everything and nothing else matters approach to the game I wouldn't hold my breath
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    It's one console that boosts cold damage, and to my knowledge there are only 4 abilities that do cold damage and the console itself is one of them

They prefer you to pay for the boosts...electrical damage is more prevalent and in a year and a half we still only have one console that boosts it and it's on a promo ship. As long as the Devs take a money is everything and nothing else matters approach to the game I wouldn't hold my breath

Would you mind naming the console, please? As for the abilities, hmm. There are 4 BOFF ability training manuals from QWW now available in the store

Endothermic Inhibitor (Eng) is actually a Radiation DOT
    Let it Go (Eng) is a Cold DOT and a gradually accumulating resist debuff
    Very Cold In Space (Sci) is a truly formidable AOE Cold DOT and speed debuff. I use this with GW III all the time.
    Best Served Cold (Tac) actually adds Cold damage to normal attacks.

VCIS is the only one I normally use. As I noted it combines well with GW III because VCIS III only needs a Lt Cmdr BOFF slot, and the two of them make a bodacious patch of nastiness.
  • Options
    It's the one that just came out in the 32nd century box, which also added a space trait and ground kit module that also involve cold damage - Parasitic Ice Containment Vessel, Symbiotic Ice and I don't remember the ground module's name - it had Parasitic in the name, that's all I can remember.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    It's the one that just came out in the 32nd century box, which also added a space trait and ground kit module that also involve cold damage - Parasitic Ice Containment Vessel, Symbiotic Ice and I don't remember the ground module's name - it had Parasitic in the name, that's all I can remember.​​

Thank you, Shadow.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Hell... I wouldn't mind seeing an addition to the Breen set that gives an extra buff when equipped on Breen ships. Kinda like how the Jem'Hadar set gives a bonus when equipped on Dominion ships.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hell... I wouldn't mind seeing an addition to the Breen set that gives an extra buff when equipped on Breen ships. Kinda like how the Jem'Hadar set gives a bonus when equipped on Dominion ships.

There already is a bonus for using the set on Breen ships. It's that the drain from the set 3 clicky is stronger when the set is used on Breen ships. Sure, it's not much depending on perspective, but it's still there.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    This is OT, but I've never understood why the Breen consoles can't be fitted into Cardassian and Dominion ships. In DS9, it was proven that the Breen weapons could be installed and it would be great for them not to be bound. I've never found one of the half-a-dozen Breen ships that I've wanted to fly full-time.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    They also need to look at some of the buffs. They're not really impressive in my opinion.

And this goes for a lot of the older universal consoles. The ones from lock boxes that were launched after T6 ships became a thing for example, all have passive boosts. Whereas most older consoles don't, making them unattractive, despite usually having some fun active power.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    They also need to look at some of the buffs. They're not really impressive in my opinion.

And this goes for a lot of the older universal consoles. The ones from lock boxes that were launched after T6 ships became a thing for example, all have passive boosts. Whereas most older consoles don't, making them unattractive, despite usually having some fun active power.

They have addressed this in part when they made T6 versions of older T5 event ships, like the Breen ships. They made a new "enhanced" version of the consoles that do the same thing, but include a passive.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Which works fine when you're making an exact copy of a lower tier console for a T6...doesn't work when the console is completely different on the T6 version - and they can't say passive stats is a T6-only feature, because a small number of T5< consoles have passive stats.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

They have addressed this in part when they made T6 versions of older T5 event ships, like the Breen ships. They made a new "enhanced" version of the consoles that do the same thing, but include a passive.
    Which works fine when you're making an exact copy of a lower tier console for a T6...doesn't work when the console is completely different on the T6 version - and they can't say passive stats is a T6-only feature, because a small number of T5< consoles have passive stats.​​

To give an example: the Vesta line was 'updated' with entirely different consoles. The older ones from the first three ships are still active-power only.

Same for example for ships like those in the Sovereign family. Stand-alone consoles like Fluidic phase decoupler never got updated either.

Anyway, at least the Breen consoles were actually updated indeed. I'll leave it at that before venturing off-topic too far.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    The key wording I used though was "event ships". I would love for older consoles from C-Store ships to get some passive love too. But they have only been doing that with T6 versions of T5 Event ships, and I believe the T6 lockbox/lobi replacements for T5 ships that were retired as well, like the T6 Undine ships.
This discussion has been closed.