test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Recruitment would be nice to see again!

2»

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    The Ferasans replacing the Kzinti actually solved two problems, the IP tangle since they are Niven's invention for his own books, and the fact that genderlocked races are a problem in games (the Kzinti who are out in space are all male in the original stories). That is one of the big reasons you see all those Gamma recruits in space suits staggering around doing ground stuff to get the rewards for the other characters on their accounts but the players don't like the toon.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    We JUST finished a delta recruits re-run...we don't need to have these recruit events at all times. Even if they are ready with the bug fix, they really should wait.

The recruit events are mainly for the new people, notice how they are never the only event going on when they are running, those other events are for the people who already have the recruits (though it does not hurt to do both if the player wants to even if there are not many (or any) advantages in making extra recruits).
  • Options
    ussenterniceussenternice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You'll get it when the rest of us get it. Cool your Warp Engines dude...

And as echatty said... demands tend to get shut down, so... here's your warning. I would suggest renaming your thread and changing the tone if you wish to discuss Temporal Recruit stuff... but if this is still up by tonight as is or darkblade decides to step in first... I'll close the demand thread.

i am sorry for that! i did not mean to offend or make it sound bad, i'm just eagerly awaiting its rerun!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Eagerness is easy to understand, just be careful when you make up titles for threads and your first post. That title looks a lot better.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    You know, as someone who had to miss it the first time, I agree with the new thread title, the Temporal Recruitment would be nice to see again
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,602 Arc User
    yeah, no. as already said, we just finished a recruit. I'd say wait till just before the holiday grinds start
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    They said it would be coming this year, just after other reruns.

I do hope they do it before another Gamma, though, considering it's been way way longer since the first, an only, Temporal run.
    It's high time all those that missed it gets to enjoy its rewards!
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    yeah, no. as already said, we just finished a recruit. I'd say wait till just before the holiday grinds start

The way things look it will probably be like that anyway. Klingon recruitment was first quarter, Delta second quarter, third quarter looks like it will be full between the summer event and the ending blowout for YotK, which makes it likely late third quarter for AoY at the earliest or more likely that dead spot in the middle of fourth quarter around Halloween.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

After the Year of Klingon wraps up, and the Summer Holiday Event wraps up, there may be a (however brief) break afterwards before they get into (who knows with events of 2020-2021) maybe, perhaps, the Mirror Universe stuff that was kind of teased. After that, it gets more fuzzy.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I too would like a Temporal rerun.

Considering that we now have a Klingon-specific recruit event - in addition to Delta which also included them (and noting that even prior to Klingon Recruitment, we already had a recruitment event for every faction except Discovery-Fed) - I personally do not see it necessary that the Temporal Recruit event be expanded to additional factions.

With the expansion to the AoY recruit event, would be nice if we could get a TOS Dreadnought Starship Bundle available.

* Prototype Dreadnought Cruiser
    * D9 Dreadnought Battlecruiser
    * Thrai Dreadnought Warbird
This discussion has been closed.