test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Explore Far From Home!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
Exciting items from Season 3 of #StarTrekDiscovery are coming in the Discovery: Far From Home Lock Box! Get your hands on the 32nd Century Uniform, the Crossfield Refit, and more!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11488333-go-beyond-the-burn!
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,963 Arc User
    Nice !!! But would of preferred so see the uniform as a time limited give away though. Just like you did with the Picard one.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,788 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Nice !!! But would of preferred so see the uniform as a time limited give away though. Just like you did with the Picard one.

I have to agree there. The current on-screen uniform being used should not be in the Lobi Store and needs to be an account-wide unlock.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    2021-05-18%2019_17_51-Window.png?raw=1
    *displays a V-Rex, a BOSS animal, to showcase the Bond With Life trait. Literally at the end of the trait's description: "BOSS animals are immune"*
    FacepalmBust050319.jpg
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    A fourth variant of the crossfield? I'm guessing the trait from this one won't be making its way into the M5 unlock of the legendary crossfield, though, right?
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Yawn at yet another U.S.S. Discovery variant, I guess it was inevitable though. Fair play to those who enjoy it, just not my cup of tea personally.

One thing I strongly disagree with though is the use of the "current" canon Starfleet uniform being locked behind a paywall. This should be something available to all.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I usually played Summoner in various MMOs; STO now lets my "Summoner" Engineer take it to the next level with that Bond with Life trait. Too bad I can't bond with V-Rexes though. That would have been perfect. Maybe I should still try it out at the Dyson BZ and hope for the best. That aside, I wonder if this allows bonding with enemy Voth Raptors, and have 2 pet dinos with beam cannons on their heads (the Event pet, and the befriended pet). Maybe also pay a visit to New Romulus and tame one of those giant cats.

Also, ZEFilms got to tease the new Crossfield; it seems to have Booker's Frigate as a pet of some sort. Unknown if it's a Hangar Pet, an Integrated Pet, or a Console Pet (like the Aquarius).
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    I think they have seriously run out of all ideas now
    No lobi ship like the Einsenberg-class in the store, another disappointment, as it means it'll be for a second 32nd century box later.
    #TASforSTO
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    Guys, GUYS! We can be pokemon trainers now.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    reyan01 wrote: »
    As said in the other thread, the 32c Crossfield is pretty much guaranteed to have a Miracle Worker BOFF (as well as probably having the MW Innovation Effects) since none of the previous Crossfield variants have that.

This is the 4th version of this ship at T6 and not 1 Nova in the works.

giphy.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • khelderukkhelderuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    So, will the "Bond With Life" pets be "until map-move", or will we be able to build up a permanent stable of pets to choose from? (After all, some maps don't have any animals, but making the boost from the number of animals a permanent thing is similar to the Endeavour points; presumably there would be a cap?)
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    As said in the other thread, the 32c Crossfield is pretty much guaranteed to have a Miracle Worker BOFF (as well as probably having the MW Innovation Effects) since none of the previous Crossfield variants have that.

It's almost like it's the main ship in an ongoing series of Star Trek or something
    To further add, I can finally complete my KDF Elsa character with a heavy Ice-damage theme. Only reason she's KDF is because Orions are the only characters with a Crown option. They also still have Noble-like Houses, so that goes well too.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User

Lmao XD

Also, I'm calling it now: I HIGHLY doubt enough testing was done on the personal transporter and I can totally see people breaking the game and going places they're not supposed to.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User

It's almost like it's the main ship in an ongoing series of Star Trek or something

Right so they need to release multiple versions of it and ignore previous unreleased ships from other shows that some people do want like the Nova/Saber/Norway/Oberth/Olympic Classes?
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,741 Arc User

We already had space Eevee's for a while ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Oh, and this selling of the same ship multiple times, each one in another very expensive way (for the customer) is getting ridiculous.

No, wait. It already was when they put a slightly different version of a lockbox and promo ship in one of the most expensive C-store packs. Now it's getting rude too.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • generalclickgeneralclick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I truly hope that those of us who purchased the Legendary ship pack will be able to use the refit parts on our Legendary Crossfields. If not, that would be well... not ok. Other than that, everything else looks pretty nice!

So please, refit parts unlocked for legendary ship owners? Without having to own this new ship first, like with other legendary ships?
    We used to get faction-specific ships with multiple variants in C-store packs that unlocked on the entire account.

Now you'll need to open promo packs, lock boxes AND buy the most expensive C-store packs ... And you'll still only be able to use most variants on just a single character.

The fact that you have a business to run isn't an excuse to get ever more greedy, Cryptic.

I truly hope that those of us who purchased the Legendary ship pack will be able to use the refit parts on our Legendary Crossfields. If not, that would be well... not ok. Other than that, everything else looks pretty nice!

So please, refit parts unlocked for legendary ship owners? Without having to own this new ship first, like with other legendary ships?

That would be fair, but it's unlikely to happen. They didn't do that with the Janeway class either as far as I'm aware.

We'll just have to get used to seeing slightly better or more interesting versions of already very expensive ships being released every couple of months - and having to pay premium prices for each new, slightly different iteration.

Right so they need to release multiple versions of it and ignore previous unreleased ships from other shows that some people do want like the Nova/Saber/Norway/Oberth/Olympic Classes?

What's Hot > What's Not, as far as sales go. They can easily milk the Disco crowd for the time being.

They've since focused more on Lockbox/Promo ships as of late, with hardly any new Z-Store ships. The only one, maybe two in testing that would be Z-Store are the Steamrunner and Oberth. Steamrunner is confirmed, but Oberth hasn't been.

Rhode Island (Nova), Tempest (Hermes), Gladius (Saber), and even the D'Kyr seem like more obvious Z-Store candidates since they all have at least one old Z-Store variant and a T5 Fleet variant, and Cryptic could just make a Dual bundle featuring the old Z-Store version and a new T6 version.

Emissary (Star Cruiser) and Trident (DSSV) never had a Z-Store variant, but have a T5 Fleet variant, and would have been ideal to do something new with; such as the Emissary being the STO equivalent of a broadside torpedo cruiser somewhat like the Achilles-class from the DS9 video game, and the Trident as an Intel or Temporal spec SV.

Not sure about a T6 Olympic though, since IIRC, it's a bootleg copy of a similar ship they couldn't get rights for.
  • therealaridanstherealaridans Member Posts: 3 Arc User

YES
    jcsww wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »

I have to agree there. The current on-screen uniform being used should not be in the Lobi Store and needs to be an account-wide unlock.

• therealaridanstherealaridans Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    WHEN?
    gilion wrote: »

Lmao XD

Also, I'm calling it now: I HIGHLY doubt enough testing was done on the personal transporter and I can totally see people breaking the game and going places they're not supposed to.

Well, they didn't do it with the kit module from the previous lock box so I'm guessing you're right.

Though, if setting the location is similar to how we set rally points for our boffs, it shouldn't be too map-breaking. That system is already in place after all and no matter how high you put your mouse, the rally point will still be put on the ground (or partly on top of a wall, but that's only with four boffs).

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Not much of anything decent out of this except for possibly pet spam builds that don't use hangar pets or drones.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
    Did you want to know what animals you'll be able to befriend with the Bond with Life trait? Here's a tooltip for you:

gxy8wab1plqv.png
    edited May 2021
    That seems like a sensible choice for a spec.
    Therefore they're gonna give it Intel abilities, instead.
    #TASforSTO
  • brex#6815 brex Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Excuse me while I vomit from the continuous money grabbing releases of these atrocious ships from Cryptic

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    There are some definite possibilities there, especially for some of my more off-the-wall characters.

Bond with Life is one of the best possibilities, I have a number of psionic captains which would fit with that quite well, though I suspect it will be impossibly expensive on the exchange. I really would like to get the lightning staff for the character I loosely modeled on a Maormer storm sorceress though, and it might be affordable if it does not catch on too much. And there are definite possibilities for the personal transporter though again it is probably going to be one of those gadgets that end up costing more than some of the lower popularity ships on the exchange.

BTW, George Jetson called, he wants his robot back...
This discussion has been closed.