test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't forget to check the new Ferasan/Caitian hairstyles.

saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,388 Arc User
Because it apparently wasn't deemed important to be mentioned in the patch notes, and the feline's species players may not bother to check anymore since it has gone for quite a while, I'm making this thread to bring attention to that addition.

There are only 2, but they're lovely and welcome, fitting the classic mane style of M'Ress and other felines in various media.

Now, if only they weren't so bright and shiny they act as a light emitter:
20210415230716_1.png?raw=1
20210415231340_1.png?raw=1

#TASforSTO
Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Oh Snap. That's excellent news; thanks for sharing.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Nice. Isn't there a shininess slider for hair under the advanced settings?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,388 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Unfortunately, no. That's the main (and pretty much only) criticism I have about them. And since the felines' fur is incredibly dull due to only a few color choices by default (darker or lighter brown and black), the contrast is even more visible.

But at least, you can choose from all colors with them.
    #TASforSTO
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User

Unfortunately, no. That's the main (and pretty much only) criticism I have about them. And since the felines' fur is incredibly dull due to only a few color choices by default (darker or lighter brown and black), the contrast is even more visible.

Agreed, it would be nice if there was a slider to give us the option to make the hair look more matte
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    Nice maybe this means that we'll be getting Caitians for the next AoY recruitment event.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User

That is not shininess (that would turn the hair silverish the way it used to on some of the older hairs), it is subsurface scattering turned a little too high.

Personally I don't mind the effect but then again I don't have any characters with matte finish body fur (the only c-store race I have is Reman for some unknown reason since I never bought any) to poorly contrast with it which might make a difference seeing it in the game itself.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    Can you use those hairstyles on just anyone, or only Caitians/Ferasans?

Because then all we'd need would be some way to put a lightning bolt on the face, and I could rock with Capt. Ziggy Stardust, commanding AFS Spiders From Mars.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    /purrs loudly. Oooooo...color me totally surprised. I knew they were being worked upon. I hadn't expected them so soon. Time to spend several days experimenting with my Caitian crew.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,388 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

Checked on a human character, they're not here, so it's unlikely other species would have them. So felines-only.
    #TASforSTO
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »

Agreed, it would be nice if there was a slider to give us the option to make the hair look more matte

Or make the fur more shinny
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    jonsills wrote: »

Checked on a human character, they're not here, so it's unlikely other species would have them. So felines-only.
    Pity. Farewell, dreams of Capt. Stardust!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    lnblade wrote: »

Or make the fur more shinny

Sapient or not, they're still cats, and cats are predators - why would you want to make them an organic version of the Bacon of Kahless?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    The Bacon of Kahless? Is that made from targ?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I hope not. That'd make me very angry. You don't want me to get angry.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
This discussion has been closed.