test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transwarp & autonavigate doesn't work

vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
I've encountered two issues. 1st one and a rather new one to me - transwarp to Alpha quadrant doesn't work. Neither to Bajor nor to Defera. I click "transwarp" and nothing happens. The 2nd bug is older than my granny and is STILL around - autonavigate in sector space is broken. The ship can't turn on it's own. Please please please just fix that, it's exctremely annoying to see that old drama being here for ages! Thnx.

Comments

• alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Number 1: Look at the icons in front of them, if they're those round icons, you need an transwarp coil before you can use it. If nothing happens, it's probably because you don't have an transwarp coil.

Number 2: Yeah very old, and I don't think they gonna ever fix it. It's very random though, most of the times it works (at least for me) but sometimes it's just going in a straight line no matter where the destination is, eventually bumping against an edge of the map.
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    1. That's very strange because I've never bought any coils and Defera transwarp has always worked just fine...

2. Yeah, that's what happens frequently to me. I hoped it will get fixed in the next patch... and next one... and next one... But it never happened, sadly
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,325 Arc User
    Number 1: Look at the icons in front of them, if they're those round icons, you need an transwarp coil before you can use it. If nothing happens, it's probably because you don't have an transwarp coil.
    Those 2 transwarp destinations years ago replaced 2 of the older ones from the Fleet Transwarp, and used to work just fine.
    At some later stage, they 'broke' them and now they require Transwarp Coils, but they need to fix them so that they don't.

Additionally, the Federation got a Transwarp to Mempa Sector that deposits them at Vulcan and KDF got a Transwarp to Vulcan that deposits them at Mempa. The destinations are correct, but the names are the wrong way around and this hasn't been fixed after all these years either...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    vongraven wrote: »
    1. That's very strange because I've never bought any coils and Defera transwarp has always worked just fine...

Could it be possible that you're looking at the wrong one?
    Defera has an transwarp under Alpha Quadrant as well as an separate Defera one section.
    The first one needs the transwarp coil, the second one doesn't need one.