test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Traits keep resetting and unslotting randomly

alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
As title, the space traits, starship traits, etc., keep unslotting themselves across any character, even if I've never used that character in space or ground or in combat. This is breaking a lot of my builds or invalidating my test builds as they revert upon entering combat. Please fix this issue.
[10:42][TicketCreated]Successfully submitted ticket ID #411,417
Y945Yzx.jpg
Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
· ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
«» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿

Comments

• vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I am having a similar problem. It started for me today. I cannot assign BOFF abilities (at least the correct abilities based on rank) on the Stations tab. E.g., most of the abilities on certain BOFFs only show the Ensign rank ability, no other abilities, even though they are promoted to Commander. Then...sometimes a higher ability, e.g., a Lt. Commander ability is in the Ensign slot!

[Request Received]: 411421: Ship space abilities for BOFF under Stations - blocked out

so...many...bugs...
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    vieth1 wrote: »
    I am having a similar problem. It started for me today. I cannot assign BOFF abilities (at least the correct abilities based on rank) on the Stations tab. E.g., most of the abilities on certain BOFFs only show the Ensign rank ability, no other abilities, even though they are promoted to Commander. Then...sometimes a higher ability, e.g., a Lt. Commander ability is in the Ensign slot!

[Request Received]: 411421: Ship space abilities for BOFF under Stations - blocked out

so...many...bugs...

for the inability to slot Boff powers, there is a workaround which may work for you: select that particular Boff from the Boff list (not the boff station on the ship), randomly assign different abilities, go to the ship boff tab, select random abilities, and hopefully the crossed out blanks clear.

You can also try to select different specializations for the boffs, assign them different seats on the ship, basically anything that shuffles them around to unjam that bug.

To be clear, you should also submit and create a new topic as that is separate from the problem I am reporting here, to increase visibility for that bug too as it too is game breaking to have blanks instead of powers.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I'm having the same issues. It's affecting my Klingon recruit, who's been in the same ship since level 10, so no loadouts or switching ships is required.
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Same here.
    I assumed it had to do with advancing reputation and unlocking ship traits , ie every time I unlock a new reputation trait or ship trait, this would happen - but I cannot veryfiy this. I have since unlocked a few ship traits and it hasn't happened.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Yeah my KDF recruit is a mess with traits. Constantly unslots or resets the space traits. I actually sat there set all my traits, beamed into my ship 5 seconds later and the traits were messed up again.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    crossmr wrote: »
    Yeah my KDF recruit is a mess with traits. Constantly unslots or resets the space traits. I actually sat there set all my traits, beamed into my ship 5 seconds later and the traits were messed up again.

yeah, mine change with every map change.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• speciespecie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Also having the issue on my KDF recruit where both my space and starship traits are being removed for no reason but my ground traits stay the same.
  • vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    i have the same problem on my recruit; just make sure you've save a loadout under your ship so you can quickly revert back to what it should be...
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Traits are now supposed to be ship specific and saved in Loadouts, though they don't automatically change when you change ships. This is what I do:

1. If your traits are unslotted, then set them up for whatever ship you are using. Set up anything else you need to for the ship, then save the loadout.

2. Change to another ship, your traits should stay the same as the previous ship, edit them if needed, do any other setup stuff for this ship, save the loadout. Keep doing that for each ship, adjusting traits where needed.

3. When changing to a ship that has traits setup, you need to load the loadout to get the traits to load. And to load the loadout, you might need to alter the existing setup so it doesn't match. (For example, drag a power off a tray, then load the loadout, if it didn't load the first time.)

4. If you change to a ship, load the loadout, and realize your traits are gone, then switch back to a ship you know was saved with traits, load that loadout, switch back, edit traits if needed for this ship, and save the loadout. (Redoing ship traits is one thing, but I hate having to re-do personal space traits which I don't change for each ship and don't have memorized.)