Options

I think we need to see a level cap increase

2»

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    more spec trees would be nice

Yeah, it's been a little over 3 years since MW was added and almost 3 years for Constable, it's really surprising to me that they haven't added any more. Did they just run out of ideas?

Either they flat ran out of ideas or they don't want to bother with adding new stuff to the game

It's been so long since we've seen new specialization...been a long time since a new reputation has been added...we've barely seen any new gear added at all except for in the grind events
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Way things are going they're more likely to increase the cap on endeavours or maybe get another spec tree in place.

The 60-65 levels are a bit of a joke anyway and with the horizontal difficulty curve in the game actual levelling serves no purpose after about level 20. By that point you'll have met most of the gimmicks used in missions and patrols and nothing else will be all that difficult until you're overlevelled for a section like the dyson ship which doesn't scale properly and is badly setup.

I did "A Step Between Stars" earlier tonight on a level 65 Klingon Recruit, and it wasn't even an issue. Might be the effect of Endeavor perks, but this character not only has no reputation traits, but also pretty likely had one ground and one space trait, since I forgot to check after "Sphere of Influence," where you don't use your own ship, and certainly not during that mission, where you also don't use your own ship, but when I did check during "Surface Tension," I had one trait each in ground and space. The levels up to 50 do at least give you more Captain abilities, so I would say that those are necessary. The rank increases for some of those abilities from level 50 to 60, and the one new one after 60 are less so.
    lianthelia wrote: »

Yeah, it's been a little over 3 years since MW was added and almost 3 years for Constable, it's really surprising to me that they haven't added any more. Did they just run out of ideas?

Either they flat ran out of ideas or they don't want to bother with adding new stuff to the game

It's been so long since we've seen new specialization...been a long time since a new reputation has been added...we've barely seen any new gear added at all except for in the grind events

It doesn't help that a few of the regular posters came on and screamed bloody murder at the very idea of being "forced" to level up Discovery reputation to get the new traits and gear when it was announced. Such an ordeal, and everything in that was so useful to so many builds that you couldn't possibly have kept up without doing it all right away. I weep for them, truly.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    Way things are going they're more likely to increase the cap on endeavours or maybe get another spec tree in place.

The 60-65 levels are a bit of a joke anyway and with the horizontal difficulty curve in the game actual levelling serves no purpose after about level 20. By that point you'll have met most of the gimmicks used in missions and patrols and nothing else will be all that difficult until you're overlevelled for a section like the dyson ship which doesn't scale properly and is badly setup.

I did "A Step Between Stars" earlier tonight on a level 65 Klingon Recruit, and it wasn't even an issue. Might be the effect of Endeavor perks, but this character not only has no reputation traits, but also pretty likely had one ground and one space trait, since I forgot to check after "Sphere of Influence," where you don't use your own ship, and certainly not during that mission, where you also don't use your own ship, but when I did check during "Surface Tension," I had one trait each in ground and space. The levels up to 50 do at least give you more Captain abilities, so I would say that those are necessary. The rank increases for some of those abilities from level 50 to 60, and the one new one after 60 are less so.
    lianthelia wrote: »

It doesn't help that a few of the regular posters came on and screamed bloody murder at the very idea of being "forced" to level up Discovery reputation to get the new traits and gear when it was announced. Such an ordeal, and everything in that was so useful to so many builds that you couldn't possibly have kept up without doing it all right away. I weep for them, truly.

There will always be people who complain when something needs to be done for (extra) rewards.

Just look at how many people find it perfectly reasonable to queue up through the random system for extra rewards and then want everything they don't wish to play (ie, anything they wouldn't have already played for normal rewards) being removed.

I seriously doubt that Cryptic changes its releases based on such complaining though. That being said, some of the annoyance over the grind is justified - why not let people complete a new rep at their own pace, why force them to stretch it out over at least 40 days for example?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Rewards, hah!! I have all Event Rewards, gotten all the Promotion Giveaways, etc. I had my KDF Recruit in 'Manhunt' (should the Klingon revamp have renamed it to 'Personhunt' ;) ), last night. I stopped on the way down the steps to Reclaim all my Event Ground Rewards and had this Level 7 And K'Gen loaded up with a Tardigrade, Targs, Elachi Walker, Hortas, Kit Modules, Replica Thompson, Sompek weapons and Shield, Terran Geurilla Combat Armour, etc. Rewards, I've overflowing in stuff.

In addition to all those Horizontal Spec Levels we have T6X, Miracle Worker Ships, Legendary Ships, Endeavor Perks. We don't need another Level Cap rise.

Muy Mucho Gran Almirante, anyone?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    And what shall we call the new player rank at level 70? Admiral general aladeen?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    president of the Federation!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    president of the Federation!

Vote for me IRL.
  • Options
    axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    The new level cap should be 67.
    Just to annoy the OCD people :)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The new level cap should be 67.
    Just to annoy the OCD people :)