test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Annoying, dancing Elachi

Comments

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    People are annoyed by odd things. I see these Elachi every once in a while, but they don't impede anything.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The disco balls can be nullified by the party nullifier. It works from your personal bank so you don't have to carry it with you.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > And as part of the current story we have made peace with a group of freed Elachi, so much so they can serve on our ships. So why can't Elachi be around again?
    >
    > The only person being inconsiderate is you, demanding that the world bend so that you never be annoyed, frustrated, or in any way inconvenienced, instead of acting civil and just letting people have their fun, and ignoring it if you don't like it. Like most other people in the world do.

You do know that telling someone else to ignore it if they don't like it, is also inconsiderate and demanding.

Telling someone to ignore something if they do not like it, is not inconsiderate and it is not demanding. It is advice and the person can accept such advice or ignore it.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    If you beam into a hot situation they don't dance, and may even fight for a short time so I don't really mind them (of course, in a lot of games I play the wrangler type classes so I am used to all sorts of pets hanging around anyway). They can be annoying in social zones though, and the Winter Wonderland apparently counts as a social zone to them.

I saw that! I had a new toon that had the set and they fought on the azura for me. it was kinda nice
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    When Player B's frustration is Player A's fun, then player A is a jerk

This is entirely subjective. For example, some may view the actions of Player A as highly annoying in that they are unwilling to remove themselves from a situation that bothers them. Instead of complaining about it, they could just as easily move along. As said earlier, this door can swing both ways.

there is a point where A's fun can be/is construed as trolling. for example, Disco balls at the ship selector on ESD. there is no valid reason to light those off there or in the exchange other than to troll. you want to dance? do it where Q is currently parked. it's big, open, and people can do their ship or exchange business in peace
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options

This is entirely subjective. For example, some may view the actions of Player A as highly annoying in that they are unwilling to remove themselves from a situation that bothers them. Instead of complaining about it, they could just as easily move along. As said earlier, this door can swing both ways.

there is a point where A's fun can be/is construed as trolling. for example, Disco balls at the ship selector on ESD. there is no valid reason to light those off there or in the exchange other than to troll. you want to dance? do it where Q is currently parked. it's big, open, and people can do their ship or exchange business in peace

But even if they do activate them at these locations it doesn't actually affect anything that you're doing. You can still do whatever you want on the exchange or ship selector even if your character is dancing.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »

But even if they do activate them at these locations it doesn't actually affect anything that you're doing. You can still do whatever you want on the exchange or ship selector even if your character is dancing.

The majority of people who activate them at these locations do it specifically because they are aware that it annoys other people. At that point it is indeed trolling.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I don't really mind the disco balls, per se, I just don't care to dance every time they pop. If I wanna dance I'll pop the mixed dance emote or something. Otherwise I have the nullifier to keep me still while I do my business and the disco ballers can have all the fun they want.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »

The majority of people who activate them at these locations do it specifically because they are aware that it annoys other people. At that point it is indeed trolling.

Really...that is an uncanny ability you have there to be able to read the minds of people over the internet through an intermediary of a game.

I believe the phrase is: When it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is most likely a duck..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Really...that is an uncanny ability you have there to be able to read the minds of people over the internet through an intermediary of a game.

I believe the phrase is: When it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is most likely a duck..

Or nowadays it could be a deep fake. Usually though you are correct. But I agree with coldnapalm we do not always know the motivation of those who activate these dancing Elachi. Whether they are trolls or not.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options

Even if it might be trolling it's pretty weak trolling. It literally has zero affect on whatever you're doing.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I don't really mind the disco balls, per se, I just don't care to dance every time they pop. If I wanna dance I'll pop the mixed dance emote or something. Otherwise I have the nullifier to keep me still while I do my business and the disco ballers can have all the fun they want.
    /movementreset into chat also works
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The game is like life.. you have a right to do your own thing and pursue what you enjoy.

Provided that enjoyment does not come at the expense of the general public.

I am free to listen to whatever type of music I want. I am not free to set up speakers in the street and blast it at the volume of a jet engine.

Cryptic could easily fix some of these issues that people see as 'trollish' and make everyone happy all at once..

Disco Balls: Keep them exactly the same, but when your captain approaches them you get an interact box that says 'Dance?' If you click yes, you dance if you ignore it, nothing happens.

Beacon of Kahless: The visual effect occurs on the screen of the user of the device only.

Dancing Elachi: Either they only spawn for 10-15 sec and then beam out, or they only show for the user that summoned them. The zone has a limit of how many can be present at the same time and when the user beams out, their Elachi immediately disappear.

People can still use this stuff.. but it doesn't have to effect everyone else. Simply put, Cryptic needs to be a bit more cognizant of other players around the user when they design this stuff. Does any of it prevent anyone else from playing the game? No, it doesn't.. but it does annoy people and if you think your personal enjoyment is the only thing that matters then I suggest you re-evaluate your overall perspective on the world.

There is nothing wrong with showing some courtesy toward the world around you. If more people did it, things would suck a lot less.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.