test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Annoying, dancing Elachi

124»

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    well said.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    This is not necessary. The Subspace Party Nullifier already exists in game.

You and I know about this device, but many don't. Honestly, at this point.. I would wager most of the player base has no idea that there is a GPL store anywhere in the game. I am also not a fan of making others actively go seek an item at their expense (all be it an insanely low expense) to counter others behavior. Simply make the party balls an 'opt in' in the first place really seems the most simple way to me, but the point is taken.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    so yeah, i tried the "swap to a diff map," "ignore," and so on. each time i swapped they were there.
    i tried. i did. i wanted to see the end result of my attempt at allowing others and cryptic to force this nonsense upon us, and me taking the advise of others to do what i could.
    that attempt was futile and rendered the notion of being able to play without the garbage mute.
    its all around and it sucks.

dancing elachi, kidd drone, disco ball, rep system burst, and a slew of others.

given that, the most i hate by far is the elachi and kidd drone. the issue with these two are that they are connected purposefully to the player and offer something to them, not like the disco ball, or the mini rocket, or even the fireworks.
    so i have come to the conclusion, that these two need to be dismissed when in community zones as cryptic seems to have missed the mark by about 3 miles. they are annoying, serve no purpose when in a community zone aside from taking up space and being hated by peeps. (not all, as it seems some dont care about them, so i cant say the majority.)

while the set that the elachi come from may be good, i will refuse to ever get it simply due to the stupid attachment of the dancing BS.
    KIDD drone has been in the bank since it does not disappear in a community zone, and it shall stay there until such time.

I use the kidd drone. it's useful to me, and I would love it to only appear out of social zones. that cannot be difficult to program, or at least be able to summon/dismiss at will
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The thing about the Dancing Elachi is, as far as I know, not directly summoned by any Player but are a spawn of trolling Developers based on a Player having a certain number of items from the Revolutionary Space Set equipped.

They are simply STUPID and should not be in the game anyway.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The Elachi seem to appear when you have used the rift. I use the set on many of my characters, but as long as I do not use the rift feature, they won't appear.
    I did use the rift on some occasions and the Elachi did appear. It is not clear to me how you can get rid of them. I removed the set/part of the set, left and re-entered the zone, logged out ... they keep appearing. I have to try to change to another ship. That might work. Anyway, you can have good use for the set, but don't use the rift. That is the end of the fun.

Update. I changed ship, but the Elachi keep on following me. The only solution seems to be to destroy the character. I don't mind other character's Elachi, but I do not like it for myself. I am still using the set, but I won't touch the clicky.
    Post edited by fovrel on
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    It'd be nice if there was a feature to just turn them off if you wanted to.
    I'd have no problems with them in social zones if they were, say, like the party amplifier, and entirely voluntary. I suspect we'd see way less of the Elachi in social zones if that were the case.

Too bad, it's a decent set.
This discussion has been closed.