test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO does not load after 12-08-20 patch, crashes 100% of attempts to log in.

Comments

• xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    UPDATE: Okay folks for now they have the information they need at this time. Should further info be updated I will let you guys know, or someone higher up on the food chain will probably pop in here. For now folks, keep an eye on patch notes for a fix. As to exactly when that fix will come I can't guarantee anything. However they are working on this for everyone.

Thank you!
  • matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    UPDATE: Okay folks for now they have the information they need at this time. Should further info be updated I will let you guys know, or someone higher up on the food chain will probably pop in here. For now folks, keep an eye on patch notes for a fix. As to exactly when that fix will come I can't guarantee anything. However they are working on this for everyone.

Writing code is a TRIBBLE. but de-bugging code is 100 times harder. I know we complain but it's because we love the game.
    Thanks a million for keeping us up to date.

As for the rest of us look at thhe bright side, when we get back in all our doffs assignments will be done and we can requisition more doffs, or reassign doffs to our hearts content. :wink:
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• viper1234#1959 viper1234 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Ok I have been looking online for days and there is almost no information on this bug or what they are doing to correct it, or if they even have a window FOR fixing it. Only thing we are getting is the automated response when you file a Ticket. I am getting more and more pissed off each day this continues. Already screwed for doing winter event at this point. So pissed off !!!!
    Ok I have been looking online for days and there is almost no information on this bug or what they are doing to correct it, or if they even have a window FOR fixing it. Only thing we are getting is the automated response when you file a Ticket. I am getting more and more pissed off each day this continues. Already screwed for doing winter event at this point. So pissed off !!!!

Go back to page two and look at posts by Darkbladejk, particularly this one:
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    So current event wont be possible to complete as the widening gyre in October??, the bug is affecting the same people. And wasnt extended back then.
  • wabbit#5093 wabbit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Late to the party, another "me too" post. The support folks requested I post about the issue I'm having, and this matches it.

I am getting crashes every time on startup, after the "house shattered" screen starts up. I did a "force verify" and then an uninstall/reinstall, and still see this problem. I have not updated video drivers and I don't think I've gotten windows updates for some time.

I also was affected by the directx bug in October. I have the Intel HD3000 integrated graphics card.

Hope to have a solution soon!
  • turbowolf76#4475 turbowolf76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    (private correspondence removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    From my understanding of things, this patch today should fix the issue. If folks are still having an issue after this I'll try some tech stuff with folks and fire some reports off.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited December 2020
    From my understanding of things, this patch today should fix the issue. If folks are still having an issue after this I'll try some tech stuff with folks and fire some reports off.
    Thank you for the update, (maintenance just started so hopefully some good news soon.)

PS: If regular start doesn't do it, try a force verify.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    update and CRASH
  • hardsalehardsale Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    same here patched force verifyed and once again crash check the sto folder for debug and it says the same thing it did before the patch
    [1216/160134:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: LauncherAPI is not defined," source: about:blank(1)
    [1216/160150:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Select shard: 0," source: http://launcher.startrekonline.com/static/all/js/api.js(160)
  • tibo#6800 tibo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Got todays patch and the game still crash. I am really upset now.
    Post edited by tibo#6800 on
  • thenewadamthenewadam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am having the same issue, gets to the house shattered backdrop and crashes
    26a75f regular 'engage', 26a787 after 'force verify'...

"Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
    The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
    And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
    But there is no joy in Mudville—mighty Casey has struck out."
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• viking#2682 viking Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello everyone. I tried to log in after the issue resolving patch, but the house shattered loading screen subspace anomaly is still going on :/ Got the feeling that some extraterestrial races from unknown space is involved in recent issues with the game :)
  • thenewadamthenewadam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    yep after force verify its still not working
  • shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    edited December 2020
    Exact same crash as originally reported, here too. First error code- 26a7c5...Tried to restart game from the Cryptic error window, second error code- 26a7d0... The error codes are not consistent for me. I get different error codes each time I try to log in, however, I have noticed that some of my error codes match the error codes that other players have posted in the forums. [edit]...third try to log in... error code- 26a7f7

Question: What types of bugs can cause the *exact* same (in appearance) failure, at the exact same time in the load up procedure, yet generate different error codes? Are we dealing with memory leaks, packet errors, Changelings, or what?

[edit#2] I see the codes are actually just "incident identification" codes, and therefore may/may not be related to specific bug error codes. But I do find it puzzling that I see the same "incident ID codes" that some other players have reported, as well as different codes.
  • linmealinmea Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    After today's patch the problem isn't solved for me. Q is still missing me....
  • shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    crash still happening after patch. tried fresh install, tried force verify still not working.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I have let them know that some of you still weren't able to get in. now we wait. In the mean time have you guys tried dialing everything down to the absolute minimum and going back in? put the absolute least amount of load on the game as possible then dial it back up
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • hardsalehardsale Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    i use safe mode to load the game through the .exe and it still crashes in the same spot
  • korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I'm having this problem since today's patch

Edit: I verified the game files and it seems to have fixed the issue.
    Post edited by korfi2go#5083 on
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    still cant login... crash at the house shattered logo
    Copy from dabug file:
    [1216/195620:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: LauncherAPI is not defined," source: about:blank(1)
    [1216/195620:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(2083)] Corrupt Index file
    [1216/195620:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(43)] Unable to move the cache: 0
    [1216/195620:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder C:\Program Files\Star Trek Online_en\cef_cache to C:\Program Files\Star Trek Online_en\old_cef_cache_000
    [1216/195620:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(221)] Unable to create cache
    [1216/200107:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Select shard: 0," source: http://launcher.startrekonline.com/static/all/js/api.js(160)
    I tried force verify (demand off) and it still crashes the same. Error: 26ac76

We need some kind of technical input from Cryptic to get a general idea for what may be causing this. Some of us may be able to simply swap out some hardware, or disable some drivers, or something, that will allow us to get in game. But without that vital bit of information, we have absolutely nothing to work with here. And that is contributing to my frustration level, greatly...
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...I was working fine UNTIL this last patch. Now I just keep crashing as soon as I load into a map

Well, you're late to the party, but it gets much more lively after about 8 days or so, trust me.
  • happifichappific Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am now having this issue, or one very similar too it. For me it started after the 12/16/20 patch. For me the game crashes every time, I am able to select my character, and either just before, or as soon as the map loads in, the game crashes.
  • cosmos913967cosmos913967 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Similar problem here too. Worked fine this morning. Tried this evening and noticed the launcher was slower than normal. Game patched. Got this several times trying to log in "Login server disconnected: LoginServer 208.95.184.113.7422". Did force verify. No difference. Tried several more times and could get in but the map is extremely slow and would eventually disconnect.

Anything I can do to get the game working?