test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

was i imagining talk of a new recruitment event?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Those were not the Recruits you were looking for. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We'll have to wait and see how they impliment this DSC Klingon subfaction. IMO this would probably play into the Temporal Recruit easier than trying to build up a TOS era one. While I wouldn't mind seeing that TOS style Raptor made playable... we do have one DSC Klingon ship that has yet to be made playable. And, this is only theory crafting right now, it would probably make a decent analog to the DSC Fed Malachouski as a starter ship.

If a DSC Klingon character starts out as House Mo'kai, there would have to be some reason for this DSC Klingon to join the normal Klingon Empire in the 25th Century rather than follow J'Ula. My guess... Temporal Recruit situation. Daniels, or some other Temporal Agent, makes the DSC Klingon player a new identity just like the TOS Fed. And having a bigger understanding of the situation due to the flash training, is more likely to join normal KDF rather than follow J'Ula.

For Klingons it would be Lt. Q'on instead of Daniels, Just like how Subcommander Kail is Romulan Daniels, I'm more surprised that the Dominion doesn't have their own Temporal Agency.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    For Klingons it would be Lt. Q'on instead of Daniels, Just like how Subcommander Kail is Romulan Daniels, I'm more surprised that the Dominion doesn't have their own Temporal Agency.

Well... they probably never considered Time Travel to be a potential threat. Mostly because anyone with the potential to develop the tech was already HEAVILY under Dominion control.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    surprised these recruitment events aren't part of every big update.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    khazlol wrote: »
    surprised these recruitment events aren't part of every big update.

They actually had Epic store launch recently. IF they had rerun at least delta they could had made the most of that launch
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We'll have to wait and see how they impliment this DSC Klingon subfaction. IMO this would probably play into the Temporal Recruit easier than trying to build up a TOS era one. While I wouldn't mind seeing that TOS style Raptor made playable... we do have one DSC Klingon ship that has yet to be made playable. And, this is only theory crafting right now, it would probably make a decent analog to the DSC Fed Malachouski as a starter ship.

If a DSC Klingon character starts out as House Mo'kai, there would have to be some reason for this DSC Klingon to join the normal Klingon Empire in the 25th Century rather than follow J'Ula. My guess... Temporal Recruit situation. Daniels, or some other Temporal Agent, makes the DSC Klingon player a new identity just like the TOS Fed. And having a bigger understanding of the situation due to the flash training, is more likely to join normal KDF rather than follow J'Ula.

With the Founders being such control freaks concerned by people developing new technologies they probably had the same opinion of Time Travel that the ENT Vulcans did, that it was impossible and not worth pursuing. In fact Loriss pretty much says that when you try to convince her that they were shifted in time and the war was over years before.
This discussion has been closed.