test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

They're working on a fix for the new STF and they're gonna extend the event

jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
From Twitter: as per title, they're working on fixes and will extend the event.
More info next week.

I'm not even gonna comment on the "they programmed the ships to get stuck in the station"... make of that what you will.
kv1Ohsx.png
Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
- quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
- quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tvirxtvirx Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Grab your pitchforks and torch the place!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Good to hear they are extending the event.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Yeah, this is absolutely the right move. Plus, anyone who wasn't able to complete due to the bug SHOULD (key word) get a credit for that run. They won't, but they definitely should.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Not one of those. I just started the event today, but glad they're extending it. Hard to say what might have me having to skip more days.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I tend to always skip the first day of a new event, to save me some trouble - doesnt always work
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    I tend to always skip the first day of a new event, to save me some trouble - doesnt always work

So do I. I usually skip maint days, but I couldn't get started till today, so glad to see it's been extended.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    I see, I done the TFO only once and I think I will stick to running the episode - too much trouble, too many bugs and too much afkness from people too
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I'm sorry...but I just got a bug where the mission ended NORMALLY and not gotten progress...they need to do more than extend the event...they need to give people progress for all the TRIBBLE they had do to get even a couple days of progress...if they could manage it at all. This is TRIBBLE poor compensation for something they royally screwed up.

Completely agree. I've done 2 rounds so far, and both completed fine (1 bugged, but we just let the enemies kill a transport then things worked afterwards). But those like yourself should definitely get credit for the runs that bugged out.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I see, I done the TFO only once and I think I will stick to running the episode - too much trouble, too many bugs and too much afkness from people too

Uhh, have you actually done the episode yet? It's only a bit less lame.
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    At least if you AFK the episode you are not bothering anyone else.
  • Options
    auctionman1auctionman1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    The only problem with giving credit for those that either didn't get the daily progression or left because they couldn't complete and/or couldn't start would be hard for them to do on a case by case basis. They would be swamped and would have to look over notes from the server or whatever to find people who did and did not get that daily progression. Extension really is the quickest, yet not the fairest of ways to handle this.

I can't risk waiting on their word about an extension as you could risk not having enough days to finish and then have to buy out or miss out on the reward. They would help their image if they came out and say

--- NOTE THIS IS NOT CRYPTIC THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL POSSIBLE RESPONSE SO NONE OF THE BELOW IS HAPPENING
    "Hey, we still have problems that aren't working, you can play the event and still get your progression or you can hold up while we find just what is broken. Don't worry we have decided to extend the end of the event by X number of days. We will add more days as needed for us the finally solve it. We will put up on the news section when the event will continue. In the meantime remember you can gain extra dil with the extension up to XX,TRIBBLE amount limit (side note - I think they said 50K was max) so play if you want to get that extra dil but be aware the mission will have the two big bugs of the transports not leaving the starbase and the warships getting stuck in the base that you will have to deal with. In addition to fixing the bug everyone will be able to pick up at the c-store a limited time offer of a box of 300 marks of players choice, once per entire account that will be account bound but is our way of saying we are sorry about the problems this has caused and will strive in the future to not have events so buggy. Cryptic."
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Uhh, have you actually done the episode yet? It's only a bit less lame.

Its not perfect as you have two smaller doors you almost always have to pass 1-2 boffs manually(aka the move icon next to their avatar, first make them go to the center of door entrance and second time give them a destination to pass it) but still a lot less trouble than the ultra bugged TFO with the frequent afker players
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I figure Cryptic stating they're going to extended the event is the easiest, & subjectively best, way to handle this.

I'm not a fan of players already going through the event, myself twice, where the npc ship got stuck in the station & the tfo wouldn't end.

In a perfect world any players that completed the event tfo would retroactively receive credit, but I understand that itemizing such things probably would take too much resources so the "extend the event" is probably the best/easiest compromise.

Not happy but content but I still think the event is probably 5 days too long especially with the event tfo taking a few minutes too long as well perhaps all for the purpose of enticing the buyout option.
  • Options
    Its not perfect as you have two smaller doors you almost always have to pass 1-2 boffs manually(aka the move icon next to their avatar, first make them go to the center of door entrance and second time give them a destination to pass it) but still a lot less trouble than the ultra bugged TFO with the frequent afker players
    You can also click the button to beam all your BOFFs to you thats at the bottom of the BOFF health/shields UI element.

thanks, will try it out
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Nice to see? Yeah no...this is not even compensation for the problem they caused. What would have been ACTUALLY nice to see would have been a REAL compensation for this cluster TRIBBLE of an event. The base minimum they should have done would have been to give everyone advancement in the event for however many days it takes them to fix this. This is on TOP of anything they earned so far. On top of that, they should be giving people who reported issues more compensation...instead, they IGNORE reports of problems (yes I have sent them in to be ignored)...so...yeah. Trash company won't even do the bloody bare minimum.
    Why on Earth should they give advancement to people who have already earned advancement for those days? And why should people who report problems get even more rewards when hundreds of people do so, and the devs are probably aware of whatever problem even without people reporting it?

That's such a nonsensical thing to ask for, and I don't think I've ever seen a company do it unless the problems ran on for so long that the entire event was just canned, so they just gave out the reward to everyone automatically.

I like that coldnapalm is arguing for the players so forcefully. Like you, I don't expect all of his suggestions to be adopted, but it's still nice to have such an aggressive advocate. Since we never get all that we ask for, it's best to ask for more than we expect to receive, eh?
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    I do agree with the general idea that Cryptic should provide some form of compensation in a situation like this, and would have argued for it had they not already stated they would extend the event.

Problem is that those players who had severe issues with the TFO are kinda fed up already.

Personally I've had a few stuck freighters too here and there, but no instance of the TFO taking longer than 20 minutes (which already is darn long for a TFO). Others had MASSIVE issues ranging from hour-long to unfinishable runs.

EXTENDING the event might just be *more* vitriol to the fire for those players. I've seen pretty agitated reactions.

• Options
    I do agree with the general idea that Cryptic should provide some form of compensation in a situation like this, and would have argued for it had they not already stated they would extend the event.

Problem is that those players who had severe issues with the TFO are kinda fed up already.

Personally I've had a few stuck freighters too here and there, but no instance of the TFO taking longer than 20 minutes (which already is darn long for a TFO). Others had MASSIVE issues ranging from hour-long to unfinishable runs.

EXTENDING the event might just be *more* vitriol to the fire for those players. I've seen pretty agitated reactions.

I think there's a lot of upset in the air just now.

IMO, it's partly the long quarantine, and endless worries about corona, and partly the election season madness in the USA. We Americans are not exactly known for being calm and restrained to begin with, and this current insanity in the States has made some of us even worse. Me, I'm an expat, watching this all unfold from 8000 km away, (and been abroad for so long that I think of it as 8000km rather then 5000 miles), and it's pretty weird watching it all from outside. Like I say, there's a lot of anger and unreasoning hatred in the air, and it's made many of us even more volatile than usual.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Like I say, there's a lot of anger and unreasoning hatred in the air, and it's made many of us even more volatile than usual.

That's definately the case, but... well. Civility shouldn't suffer as it does.
This discussion has been closed.