test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge Officer outfit bug

2»

Comments

• darthmikey81#7096 darthmikey81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This just happened to me recently, not even a few weeks ago & I thought I was doing something wrong - I tried changing Captains to test other BOFF's, I quit and restarted the game, I tried everything I could think of (except uninstalling and reinstalling the game - thought that was a bit drastic), so I am glad I was directed to this thread and know I am not alone.

I did not know about the away team workaround.... for me it was randomly entering the tailor and testing what I could and couldn't get away with in changing certain things with my BOFF, like I would change the top then purchase, and if I did not get the error I would go back in select the badge, purchase, and hope that too would commit to the change without an error. Yeah, its a long process that is hit or miss, mainly misses - I plan to now put that BOFF into the away team and go from there.

Now if this flickering can stop that would be great!!!

One other thing that recently happened to me too, I am only bringing it up because I am not sure if it is related or not..... but after my long, long, long way of changing my BOFF's outfit I noticed when I gave the BOFF an item like more hypospray's or a tribble, or anything like that, it would disappear from my inventory as if I gave it to the BOFF but in the BOFF's item inventory it visually looked as if nothing was there. I went to give the BOFF the Orb of Possibilities and it just vanished (visually at least, seemed like it truly was gone though) - I then tried giving the BOFF another item, and same thing. I thought the Orb was perma-gone but when I reclaimed it in the store (I originally won these items for a few Captains, but I wanted every Captain of mine to have it) I got the message that I cannot have more than one of them, so I knew it was not permanently gone, but it sure did visually disappear for quite some time and that bugged me. - problem didn't happen to the rest of my BOFF's, just the one that took an hour and a 1/2 to change the outfit..... just thought I would add that and see if anyone else experienced it too... who knows, might not even be related, could have been just timing and just a coincidence, but still, all too weird that it only happened to that one BOFF.
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    ....and still not fixed.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    After reading the above comments I deecided to do some playing around with the Jem'hadar who wouldnt let me change his BOFFS costumes.
    I have realized after further looking, when the screen flashes the BOFF thats dissapearing is your common BOFF, not anyone else.
    I have also tested last night rather than make everyone be put on an away team I went and changed everyone away team or not without any problems.
    I did try to put my one common BOFF on the away team and still was unable to change him at all.
    If i try to load a costume on to him it tells me invalid parts or something whatever and the costume changes to a random config.
    I have noticed an issue, if you change a costume and you dont like what you did, it wont let you revert to the original costume you had on, it reverts you to something you didnt select at all.
    The costume does return to its original config if you cancel the edit out and return to the select screen.
    I do not know if the above effects everyone, I do know the above is how my Jem'hadar got effected last night.
    I cannot effectively test this on anyone else cause i do not have common boffs on anyone but the Jem'hadar.
    I will not purchase a common boff for 500k on the exchange just to test a bug :( The devs can issue themselves common boffs for free LOL.
    I went to my main character and watched to see if the tailor flashed at all and it did.
    The character that it picked on is a human female who happens to be verry rare in quailty, also, I cant change her costume without it TRIBBLE up. Trying to load a costume on her triggers invalid costume issue like the common jem/hadar.
    The location of the flash on both are not in the same location. 2 of the Jem'hadar were in position 1 and position 2.
    The human female is in position 3.
    I cannot find a comonality to whats hapening now. unknow. But there is some info, if you cant load a costume on to your person you cant modify it without it messing up.
    It seems like the one who blanks out is the one who you cant modify.
    I am currently unable to find a common denominator that triggers why this is hapening or character type.
    I went thru 5 characters all 5 have people who vanish, in a few only 1 vanishes in others 2 vanish and in diff places in another 2 blink but return each time.
    There is no set pattern I can locate, each crew is different, one is holograms, one is straight klingons, one is varied etc there is no set pattern to why and who is blinking out, I can tell you for certain, the characters who blink out are the same characters you wont be able to change costumes on.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Still broken.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    Getting the same "You cannot change the species of the character" message with multiple BOFFs when purchasing modifications at the tailor.

For me the workaround is:

- Add the BOFF to your away team in the Stations menu.
    - Log out using "change character" so you see the BOFF on the character select screen.
    - Log back in.
    - Edit the BOFF at the tailor while they're still in the away team.

Seems this worked for me today when I found a Klingon Bridge Officer I couldn't change. I had no problems changing my first 3-4, yet later realize they were all on Away Team. Those that weren't couldn't update their outfits. It would save outfits, just not display more accurately, cause on Load Outfit you see all the saved outfits, just does show them as current. *sigh*

In the past we've been able to save outfits regardless of Away status, but every now and then for years, a Bridge Officer was unable to change an outfit. Not sure if this is related to the long outstanding bug, that sometimes occured at Tailor, yet now I'm mostly limited at least on my Klingon to changing those on Away Team.

I should go back and check if once they added and removed to away team, if outfit changes still save for them; seems they don't to some, others they do. Still if they on Away team you can update them after logging back in.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I actually tried to change my Klingons hair last night and got a message telling me that I cant change the species.
    The character in question was a female science klingon. It allowed me to change all other klingons. 1 female 5 males.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Getting the same "You cannot change the species of the character" message with multiple BOFFs when purchasing modifications at the tailor.

For me the workaround is:

- Add the BOFF to your away team in the Stations menu.
    - Log out using "change character" so you see the BOFF on the character select screen.
    - Log back in.
    - Edit the BOFF at the tailor while they're still in the away team.

Seems this worked for me today when I found a Klingon Bridge Officer I couldn't change. I had no problems changing my first 3-4, yet later realize they were all on Away Team. Those that weren't couldn't update their outfits. It would save outfits, just not display more accurately, cause on Load Outfit you see all the saved outfits, just does show them as current. *sigh*

In the past we've been able to save outfits regardless of Away status, but every now and then for years, a Bridge Officer was unable to change an outfit. Not sure if this is related to the long outstanding bug, that sometimes occured at Tailor, yet now I'm mostly limited at least on my Klingon to changing those on Away Team.

I should go back and check if once they added and removed to away team, if outfit changes still save for them; seems they don't to some, others they do. Still if they on Away team you can update them after logging back in.

@ambassadorkael#6946

That is crazy I was able to change my federation ones no problem
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    There is a workaround for this that seems to be working in limited testing. If the Boff you are trying to change uniforms on is not part of your away team, it will block the changing of uniforms. For those boffs that are on your away team, they can be changed. Weird but I just tested it on one of my toons now.

Edit: Still busted now, may have to check at different tailors.

I have a Boff who is on the Away team, I can't no longer alter her name if I want.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Still broken.
  • jonnyneo1jonnyneo1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This is driving me crazy!!!
  • redhorsevector#5991 redhorsevector Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I’m getting the same fault. Very frustrating.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    Yea it can be frustrating, also make sure the Bridge Officer is in Away Team, yet you've also logged out and back in with the character. Just putting the Bridge Officer in Away team won't resolve alone till you log back in.

Hopefully they getting a patch for this issue soon.
    0zxlclk.png
  • seandonohue#2927 seandonohue Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is still a thing. Happened to me yesterday. Pretty annoying
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    This was supposed to be fixed

They tried the fix and it did not work. Needs more work.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • taris10005#5669 taris10005 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Seems to work only on female BOFFs, tried it on a male BOFF and it didn't work.
  • bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Still bugged as of this message and we're going on 2 years that this hasn't been fixed. :(