What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two active ships - Fix Inside!

captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 922 Arc User
edited October 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Maddux found a fix to this. Reposted here to make it easy for people to find:
I found a Fix for the Bug by Accident:

- go to Space (DS9/Sol System/whatever but not Sector Space)
- switch Starship into your Shuttle
- switch Starship from your Shuttle into your second active Starship (may have to click on your first active Starship to have the Button)
- switch from your second active to your first active or any other Starship
Now you just have one Starship and one Shuttle active.

This also fixes the Bug that you cant switch or add Starship Traits to the X-Trait Slot. That bug happens when you have a second Starship active and that Starship isnt upgraded.

I have a bug where I appear to have two active starships. The second one is not switchable - when I try in sector space, the current ship warps out, but then just appears again in the UI (no warp-in animation):

https://imgur.com/a/pazuvt3

I can select the ship I want in a shipyard, by clicking around until I get the one I want active (the Select Ship button is greyed out).

This only appears to be happening on one of my characters - this character has upgraded a ship to T6-X.

I don't know if it's related, but I also can't select my extra Starship trait - when I click on one, I receive the 'Trait slots are full' message.

Cheers

K
Post edited by captainkoltar on

Comments

• Options
    rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Nice you already posted it, i got the same on my jem hadar char since the new patch
  • Options
    corvus1rex#4587 corvus1rex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem with my main character. He also used the new upgrade token.
  • Options
    eahawkeahawk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to have this issue. My starter ship cannot be switched out & it's the only one I have the option to customize. It's annoying as Hell.
  • Options
    charlie902charlie902 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have this problem as well. I have upgraded two ships to T6-X and can't access the ship i want to play. I have also used the free respect token they have provided which was to help with boff abilities not being accessible and it still does not work. Hopefully they will fix this very soon. Opened a ticket as well.
  • Options
    robynkaterobynkate Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    As stated in another post on this issue, I have the same issue. I had already used several T6X upgrades on a few ships and was about to use it on a T'Liss that I reclaimed from the C-Store when this occurred. @charlie902 I'm hoping too that it'll be fixed soon, preferably by the end of maintenance Thursday... But like most I have submitted a ticket as well.
  • Options
    jaiavjaiav Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I have this same issue on my character Alura, since the patch. I spoke with Borticus on Discord and he said this is a major issue and that I shouldn't play on that character until it manually gets fixed.

I have filed a support ticket (317212) and commented on the post on Reddit about it as he requested:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/j6g6a5/2_active_ships/
    <insert text here>
  • Options
    ghalentyrrelghalentyrrel Member Posts: 4 New User
    aha, this is the thread I am looking for. I have support ticket open for this issue (316813) in which I was directed to come along to these forums, so here I am.

In addition to the inability to slot the extra trait for my upgraded t6-x ship I also appear to be suffering from a problem where I have 2 starships + shuttle marked as active. One of those starships never changes, and funnily enough, when selected, will not go to a ready state, however all of the other ships appear to be hit and miss as to whether they will go to a ready state.

I can produce a pattern and reliably predict which ones will go ready and which ones will not, but this depends on my clicking each ship in order in the ship manager screen and attempting to make it ready, if I randomly select ships and attempt to make them ready, some that wouldn't actually begin to work. However if I go down them in order, and back up in reverse order it produces a repeatable pattern of which will / wont work.
  • Options
    i3lackfloi3lackflo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @jaiav said:
    > I have this same issue on my character Alura, since the patch. I spoke with Borticus on Discord and he said this is a major issue and that I shouldn't play on that character until it manually gets fixed.
    >
    > I have filed a support ticket (317212) and commented on the post on Reddit about it as he requested:
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/j6g6a5/2_active_ships/

Lol, this is my Reddit post. I hope this gets fixed for all of us soon..
  • Options
    ashadowofcygnusashadowofcygnus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yep, looks like this is the place I'm supposed to be. Active ticket (#316667), asked to post here, same issue. Applied some of the fancy new T6-X upgrades on my main, swapped ships a couple of times in the Ship Manager, and suddenly had two active.

Weirdly enough, playing around with it before I read up and discovered the bug could be potentially character-breaking, it seemed like making a new ship 'active' thereafter would alternate which 'current' ship it would swap. Don't know if that's been anyone else's experience, but if it helps narrow down the problem . . .
  • Options
    robynkaterobynkate Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    @ashadowofcygnus Yeah, kind of the same problem most of us have. Although, a few like myself have it in such a way that the bugged ship never swaps to any other ship. It always remains bugged, yet we can pilot any other ship but that one. The odd thing is, when you go to ship tailor, the bugged ship is there.

They could fix it like the Solane (however its spelled) carrier one is in a quest we have to unlock the dyson's sphere area. During the carrier space fight, you have both your ship and the carrier active, but once it's over, you only have your ship and whatever shuttle you have active. I haven't tried the mission to see if it could be a possible work around for this bug...

:|I would hope it gets fixed with the maintenance later today. :/

But otherwise will be sometime if even back into the mid #316600s were having this issue, it could take some of us that is further down to the #317700s a bit to get our characters back working.
  • Options
    robynkate wrote: »
    @ashadowofcygnus Yeah, kind of the same problem most of us have. Although, a few like myself have it in such a way that the bugged ship never swaps to any other ship. It always remains bugged, yet we can pilot any other ship but that one. The odd thing is, when you go to ship tailor, the bugged ship is there.

They could fix it like the Solane (however its spelled) carrier one is in a quest we have to unlock the dyson's sphere area. During the carrier space fight, you have both your ship and the carrier active, but once it's over, you only have your ship and whatever shuttle you have active. I haven't tried the mission to see if it could be a possible work around for this bug...

:|I would hope it gets fixed with the maintenance later today. :/

But otherwise will be sometime if even back into the mid #316600s were having this issue, it could take some of us that is further down to the #317700s a bit to get our characters back working.

This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having. The bugged ship never swaps & is the only ship I have the option to customize. It was not fixed with maintenance, and the response I got from my ticket was link to a 10 year old Youtube tutorial explaining how to customize a ship, and a suggestion to change my default ship, if I wanted to customize a different one!
  • Options
    My ticket was answered, and I was sent right back here. *eyeroll*
    <insert text here>
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    have this issue myself now ,Ticket 318263 im not happy to hear that CS sent someone here to the forums maybe we all need to tweet AL to get this looked at seeing CS is just spouting gibberish rather than getting these characters fixed
  • Options
    Update from earlier post.

Down time came and went today, the download and install of what I can only assume was a patch happened, and I find myself in the same predicament.

2 ships selected as ready, unable to slot trait for t6-x
  • Options
    deltawolf5deltawolf5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Update from earlier post.

Down time came and went today, the download and install of what I can only assume was a patch happened, and I find myself in the same predicament.

2 ships selected as ready, unable to slot trait for t6-x

I come from Germany and have by one Char from ten the Same problem and have write a Ticket
  • Options
    maddux#0714 maddux Member Posts: 10 Arc User

- switch Starship from your Shuttle into your second active Starship (may have to click on your first active Starship to have the Button)

This also fixes the Bug that you cant switch or add Starship Traits to the X-Trait Slot. That bug happens when you have a second Starship active and that Starship isnt upgraded.
  • Options
    > @"maddux#0714" said:
    > I found a Fix for the Bug by Accident:
    >
    > - go to Space (DS9/Sol System/whatever but not Sector Space)
    > - switch Starship into your Shuttle
    > - switch Starship from your Shuttle into your second active Starship (may have to click on your first active Starship to have the Button)
    > - switch from your second active to your first active or any other Starship
    > Now you just have one Starship and one Shuttle active.
    >
    > This also fixes the Bug that you cant switch or add Starship Traits to the X-Trait Slot. That bug happens when you have a second Starship active and that Starship isnt upgraded.

Can confirm this also fixed the issue for me.

You sir, are legendary.
  • Options
    entataina#0571 entataina Member Posts: 2 Arc User

This worked for me as well.

Thank you

• Options
    edited October 2020
    It was very briefly, and somewhat vaguely, addressed here.
    Q: Two active ships bug?
    A: Getting fixed
    Q: Two active ships bug?
    A(Kael): Its something thats been happening for some time, but its been so rare up until now, and so specific to that individual character, that they had never been able to make a general fix.
    A(Jeremy): Reiterates the above, talks about how this new update make the reproduction rate much higher, but they still aren't 100% sure why its happening, and are digging through the code.
    <insert text here>
  • Options

This does seem to have corrected the issue, but I would still like to have the devs look over our accounts to make sure there aren't any artifacts left behind that may cause future issues.
    <insert text here>
  • Options

Thank you!

I was ready to delete the character & write off the Lobi I'd spent on the Ba'ul Omni and Torpedo I'd
    purchased for it.
  • Options
    rykus83rykus83 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Same My stuck ship is the Kurak Battlecruiser I had it readied and was outfitting its equipment and decided to go grab my Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier and Jem'Hadar Vanguard Warship for the consoles and eventuly to get there t5 ship trait (this is a new guy moslty he's a pylon) and it glitched when I used the box in my inventory for the carrier the window that pops up if that asks if you want to rename the ship or ready it didn't pop up, now it has 2 ships selected and neither and be dry docked or discharged I can ready other ships but the Kurak is also still selected and both can't be docked or discharged. Oh this is on my KDF Captain Draken-Korin I don't know if that info was needed but there it is :-)
  • Options
    rykus83 wrote: »
    Same My stuck ship is the Kurak Battlecruiser I had it readied and was outfitting its equipment and decided to go grab my Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier and Jem'Hadar Vanguard Warship for the consoles and eventuly to get there t5 ship trait (this is a new guy moslty he's a pylon) and it glitched when I used the box in my inventory for the carrier the window that pops up if that asks if you want to rename the ship or ready it didn't pop up, now it has 2 ships selected and neither and be dry docked or discharged I can ready other ships but the Kurak is also still selected and both can't be docked or discharged. Oh this is on my KDF Captain Draken-Korin I don't know if that info was needed but there it is :-)

Look one Post above. The Fix is in the Quote.
  • Options
    captaincarstencaptaincarsten Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Utter. Legend!! I had been so worried for the last 2 days! Thank you!
  • Options
    rasendherz#9681 rasendherz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    does not work for me. I still can't switch to my first (stucked) ship.
  • Options
    csm67csm67 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Thanks for posting a fix, but I'm not following it. I went to a shuttle. I had 2 ships active.....then what? which ship do you mean by 'second active' and 'first active'. I've tried following you instructions but now I have 3 active ships + a shuttle.
    We come in peace....shoot to kill.
  • Options
    csm67 wrote: »

Thanks for posting a fix, but I'm not following it. I went to a shuttle. I had 2 ships active.....then what? which ship do you mean by 'second active' and 'first active'. I've tried following you instructions but now I have 3 active ships + a shuttle.

The first active is the Ship on top of the List and the second active the Starship you cant use.
  • Options
    charlie902charlie902 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Way to go maddux!!!
    This worked for me as well except I was able to get it to work just outside of K7 where I was at.
    Thanks a million!!!!

Charlie902
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 922 Arc User

Brilliant work! Thanks very much. I quoted your post in the original post, to make the fix easy for others to find.

Thanks very much.
  • Options
    rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Fix also worked here, thanks