test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this true about the valdore in the khitomer vortex tfo

vector22204#9451 vector22204 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
Hi I've heard from multiple players that if you get too close to the valdore it's the reason why she cloaks
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    The Valdore will cloak at certain points regardless. It used to be that if you got too close it cloaked more, but Donatra's AI was updated years ago, and its not 100% certain if this is still the case, but many people still advsie staying away regardless, just in case it is.

Yep. The first system was if you stayed between 5.1km (or was it km) to 9.99km Dontara would take all the pounding you would give her. If you went sub 5km she would basically cloak at the drop of a hat

Then many moons ago (years) the system was changed. She had a chance to cloak at 9.99km but it was very small. The closer you got the increased chance she would cloak. If i remember right the scale was between standard until you hit sub 5km when the cloak curve chance would skyrocket.

Until Khitomer became drowned in power creep the standard tactic for the old guard was do not approach closer than 5KM.

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    It isn't just players being too close to Donatra which will cause her to cloak. Pets, either summoned or hangar, getting closer than 5.0 km will cause an increased chance she will cloak as well. It is not automatic she will do so. It is the same probability as players causing her to do so after the adjustments made to her AI.

It is only an irritant, not a show stopper. She does not heal when she cloaks. Nor does she transport across the map. She does seem to prefer using the Thalaron weapon first upon dropping the cloak. Which is not the weapon of Greater Doom it used to be prior to T6 ships being available ingame.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    having her do the thalaron pulse is actually WELCOME now, because it results in at least 10 seconds of free fire time during which she CANNOT cloak...unlike when she decloaks without doing it and generally recloaks 2 seconds later​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    ^ THIS
  • Options
    ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Agree with players above, however should point out she is not in a Valdore class warbird, but in a Scimitar class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I hadn't thought of things this way, people. Thank you. The other night I sat deliberately sat still smack in the middle of the pulse. Just to see what would happen.

My ship looked at Donatra and...blinked.

In the old days, I would have run like [Tribble] to escape the pulse. Throwing items out the airlocks to reduce the mass my engines had to move.

And no, I'm not a better player than I used to be. I've just spent more money than some other players have.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    ozy83 wrote: »
    Agree with players above, however should point out she is not in a Valdore class warbird, but in a Scimitar class.

the ship you fight is the I.R.W. Valdore; that's why it's in the title, not because of the class of ship

(yes, she named her scimitar command after her old mogai command)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    If anyone brings a megawell build in, she can cloak all she wants, but she ain't going anywhere.

And yea... the 5k Rule has been dead for years. She cloaks when she wants to. Some runs she's more cloak happy than others.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    The Valdore will cloak at certain points regardless. It used to be that if you got too close it cloaked more, but Donatra's AI was updated years ago, and its not 100% certain if this is still the case, but many people still advsie staying away regardless, just in case it is.

Yep. The first system was if you stayed between 5.1km (or was it km) to 9.99km Dontara would take all the pounding you would give her. If you went sub 5km she would basically cloak at the drop of a hat

Then many moons ago (years) the system was changed. She had a chance to cloak at 9.99km but it was very small. The closer you got the increased chance she would cloak. If i remember right the scale was between standard until you hit sub 5km when the cloak curve chance would skyrocket.

Until Khitomer became drowned in power creep the standard tactic for the old guard was do not approach closer than 5KM.

That's still a valid tactic because she'll cloak noticably less often if you stay away from her.

Regardless of what the patch notes said years ago (and as I have pointed out the last time this was discussed), it does matter how much distance players keep from her.

Usually when there's someone who, for some reason, keeps trying to hug her, the fight takes noticably longer and she'll cloak more often compared to instances where people still keep their distance.

Usually when there's someone who, for some reason, keeps trying to hug her, the fight takes noticably longer and she'll cloak more often compared to instances where people keep their distance.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    I've had a few runs where she's cloak happy even when people keep their distance. Honsetly I think that it doesn't really matter anymore.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It makes no difference and hasn't or a while. Her cloaking is random, I have parked right in her hangar bay and she didn't do anything but take it in the face. Other times, she just cloaked as often as possible.

People saying she cloaks more if you're close are seeing what they want to see.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I once heard that Assault Cruisers used to be higher priority targets for her too. Never saw evidence of it myself, but I think that theory went around bout the same time as the 5k Rule years ago.

Of course it would KINDA make sense, because Enterprise vs Scimitar after all. But I don't really think you can program a boss to go after any particular class more than others.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I've had a few runs where she's cloak happy even when people keep their distance. Honsetly I think that it doesn't really matter anymore.

All I know is every time I do it she is cloak happy and every time there is someone who gets close enough to practically smell Donatra's Borgified breath.

Don't think I've ever been in a match where she wasn't liberal with hitting the cloak button every 10-15 seconds
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I once heard that Assault Cruisers used to be higher priority targets for her too. Never saw evidence of it myself, but I think that theory went around bout the same time as the 5k Rule years ago.

Of course it would KINDA make sense, because Enterprise vs Scimitar after all. But I don't really think you can program a boss to go after any particular class more than others.

Sounds more like something someone just made up. Exactly because it is believable.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    It makes no difference and hasn't or a while. Her cloaking is random, I have parked right in her hangar bay and she didn't do anything but take it in the face. Other times, she just cloaked as often as possible.

People saying she cloaks more if you're close are seeing what they want to see.

Or something else than just distance is triggering it.

If her cloaking was really random, you wouldn't really expect to see so much difference between instances, right?

From what I've gathered, it does matter how far away the team is. It's not as hard a rule as it used to be, but there is some influence of distance on cloaking frequency.

This discussion has been closed.